Pilot desktop not working - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Pilot desktop not working - Palmtop ; I installed Pilot Desktop earlier in the week and then installed Lotus EasySync and numerous prc's. I noticed that the Palm Desktop (4.4.1?) always crashed when started. I assumed that the cause was EasySync but I just uninstalled both EasySync ...

  1. Pilot desktop not working

    I installed Pilot Desktop earlier in the week and then installed Lotus
    EasySync and numerous prc's. I noticed that the Palm Desktop (4.4.1?)
    always crashed when started. I assumed that the cause was EasySync but
    I just uninstalled both EasySync and the desktop and then re-installed
    the Desktop w/o EasySync.

    To my surprise, the desktop is still crashing. Here's the information
    provided in the dialog:
    AppName: palm.exe AppVer: 4.2.0.0 ModName: mfc42.dll
    ModVer: 6.2.4131.0 Offset: 00004973

    Any ideas why it might be crashing?

    TIA,
    David

    OS: WinXP SP2

  2. Re: Pilot desktop not working

    A "mfc42.dll" crash appears to be a common problem that's caused by a
    corrupt database (usually the Contacts database). Here are a couple
    of Brighthand.com threads on the problem (with a couple of suggested
    solutions):

    http://forum.brighthand.com/showthre...83#post1630183

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=109727

    On Jan 28, 9:51 am, David Schwartz wrote:
    > I installed Pilot Desktop earlier in the week and then installed Lotus
    > EasySync and numerous prc's. I noticed that the Palm Desktop (4.4.1?)
    > always crashed when started. I assumed that the cause was EasySync but
    > I just uninstalled both EasySync and the desktop and then re-installed
    > the Desktop w/o EasySync.
    >
    > To my surprise, the desktop is still crashing. Here's the information
    > provided in the dialog:
    > AppName: palm.exe AppVer: 4.2.0.0 ModName: mfc42.dll
    > ModVer: 6.2.4131.0 Offset: 00004973
    >
    > Any ideas why it might be crashing?
    >
    > TIA,
    > David