how hard would it be to repair a TX speaker - Palmtop

This is a discussion on how hard would it be to repair a TX speaker - Palmtop ; My TX speaker stopped working so now I can't hear my alerts how difficult would it be to self repair?...

  1. how hard would it be to repair a TX speaker

    My TX speaker stopped working so now I can't hear my alerts how difficult
    would it be to self repair?

  2. Re: how hard would it be to repair a TX speaker

    In article ,
    GrailKing wrote:

    > My TX speaker stopped working so now I can't hear my alerts how difficult
    > would it be to self repair?

    First thing, it may not be the speaker. A common problem in this case
    is the headphone jack. The built in switch that switches that turns off
    the speaker can often get jammed. The first thing to try is to plug in
    headphones and verify you have sound through them. Then try plugging
    and unplugging the headphones several times to see if it will release
    the switch.

    If that doesn't work then you'd need to open it up.

    Take a look at this google search for tips:

    <http://www.google.com/search?client=...m+tx%22+%22tak
    e+apart%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>

    See if any of them tell you how hard it is. Look at access to both the
    speaker and the headphone jack.

    If you do open it up then try connecting the headphones across the
    speaker's terminals to see if the signal is getting that far. This will
    tell you if it's the headphone jack or the speaker.

    --
    Clark Martin

  3. Re: how hard would it be to repair a TX speaker

    On 2008-01-27, Clark Martin wrote:
    > In article ,
    > GrailKing wrote:
    >
    >> My TX speaker stopped working so now I can't hear my alerts how difficult
    >> would it be to self repair?

    > First thing, it may not be the speaker. A common problem in this case
    > is the headphone jack. The built in switch that switches that turns off
    > the speaker can often get jammed. The first thing to try is to plug in
    > headphones and verify you have sound through them. Then try plugging
    > and unplugging the headphones several times to see if it will release
    > the switch.
    >
    > If that doesn't work then you'd need to open it up.
    >
    > Take a look at this google search for tips:
    >
    ><http://www.google.com/search?client=...m+tx%22+%22tak
    > e+apart%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
    >
    > See if any of them tell you how hard it is. Look at access to both the
    > speaker and the headphone jack.
    >
    > If you do open it up then try connecting the headphones across the
    > speaker's terminals to see if the signal is getting that far. This will
    > tell you if it's the headphone jack or the speaker.

    It's not that hard, if you're careful. I've done it before no a TE.

    I've heard that some people have used very thin insulated wire to solder
    the connections so that it can never get dirty and spoil again. I'll be trying
    that next time I do mine.

    --
    -Toby

  4. Re: how hard would it be to repair a TX speaker

    Clark Martin wrote in

    > In article ,
    > GrailKing wrote:
    >
    >> My TX speaker stopped working so now I can't hear my alerts how
    >> difficult would it be to self repair?

    > First thing, it may not be the speaker. A common problem in this case
    > is the headphone jack. The built in switch that switches that turns
    > off the speaker can often get jammed. The first thing to try is to
    > plug in headphones and verify you have sound through them. Then try
    > plugging and unplugging the headphones several times to see if it will
    > release the switch.
    >
    > If that doesn't work then you'd need to open it up.
    >
    > Take a look at this google search for tips:
    >
    > <http://www.google.com/search?client=...alm+tx%22+%22t
    > ak e+apart%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
    >
    > See if any of them tell you how hard it is. Look at access to both
    > the speaker and the headphone jack.
    >
    > If you do open it up then try connecting the headphones across the
    > speaker's terminals to see if the signal is getting that far. This
    > will tell you if it's the headphone jack or the speaker.

    Thanks, the headsets do work that's why I thought itmay be the speaker,
    what size thorax would be needed for the attempted repair? I don't have
    one that small.

  5. Re: how hard would it be to repair a TX speaker

    Clark Martin wrote in

    > In article ,
    > GrailKing wrote:
    >
    >> My TX speaker stopped working so now I can't hear my alerts how
    >> difficult would it be to self repair?

    > First thing, it may not be the speaker. A common problem in this case
    > is the headphone jack. The built in switch that switches that turns
    > off the speaker can often get jammed. The first thing to try is to
    > plug in headphones and verify you have sound through them. Then try
    > plugging and unplugging the headphones several times to see if it will
    > release the switch.
    >
    > If that doesn't work then you'd need to open it up.
    >
    > Take a look at this google search for tips:
    >
    > <http://www.google.com/search?client=...alm+tx%22+%22t
    > ak e+apart%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
    >
    > See if any of them tell you how hard it is. Look at access to both
    > the speaker and the headphone jack.
    >
    > If you do open it up then try connecting the headphones across the
    > speaker's terminals to see if the signal is getting that far. This
    > will tell you if it's the headphone jack or the speaker.

    Found answer to privious reply.

+ Reply to Thread