Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p - Palmtop ; Hello, David Schwartz ! You wrote: > I'm a new Treo 755p user and was wondering whether anyone > could point > me to a good set of resources for the phone. For example, I > understand > that the ...

  1. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    Hello, David Schwartz !
    You wrote:

    > I'm a new Treo 755p user and was wondering whether anyone
    > could point
    > me to a good set of resources for the phone. For example, I
    > understand
    > that the Palm OS no longer supports hack extensions (I'm a
    > former Palm
    > user). Does that mean there are no extensions available for
    > the Treo?
    > For example, I'd love to get Graffiti working on the phone
    > (the
    > biggest issue I have is having to go to the keyboard when I
    > have
    > stylus in hand).
    >
    > Any pointers would be most appreciated!

    Tealscript

    --
    Regards,
    Doug

  2. Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    I'm a new Treo 755p user and was wondering whether anyone could point
    me to a good set of resources for the phone. For example, I understand
    that the Palm OS no longer supports hack extensions (I'm a former Palm
    user). Does that mean there are no extensions available for the Treo?
    For example, I'd love to get Graffiti working on the phone (the
    biggest issue I have is having to go to the keyboard when I have
    stylus in hand).

    Any pointers would be most appreciated!

    TIA,
    David

  3. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    In message
    <2e6f2d62-b350-44eb-a31c-16e7304e1da7@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com> David
    Schwartz wrote:

    >I'm a new Treo 755p user and was wondering whether anyone could point
    >me to a good set of resources for the phone. For example, I understand
    >that the Palm OS no longer supports hack extensions (I'm a former Palm
    >user). Does that mean there are no extensions available for the Treo?
    >For example, I'd love to get Graffiti working on the phone (the
    >biggest issue I have is having to go to the keyboard when I have
    >stylus in hand).

    "Hacks" are gone, but there are plenty of ways to modify/extend the OS.

    Take a look at http://www.escande.org/palm/ for Graffifi Anywhere.

  4. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    In article <2e6f2d62-b350-44eb-a31c-16e7304e1da7@
    1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, davids58@gmail.com says...
    > I'm a new Treo 755p user and was wondering whether anyone could point
    > me to a good set of resources for the phone. For example, I understand
    > that the Palm OS no longer supports hack extensions (I'm a former Palm
    > user). Does that mean there are no extensions available for the Treo?
    > For example, I'd love to get Graffiti working on the phone (the
    > biggest issue I have is having to go to the keyboard when I have
    > stylus in hand).
    >
    > Any pointers would be most appreciated!
    >
    > TIA,
    > David

    <http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...treo-freeware-
    applications/>

    Checkout TreoCentral.com forums

  5. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    Very cool info! Thanks!

    Now, if I could only find something similar to the old SwitchHack to
    move back and forth among apps without having to go to the app
    launcher. Any hints?

    Thanks again.

  6. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    In message
    <4abac14f-24d9-4020-9c58-d9b3ef2d3ce6@m34g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>
    David Schwartz wrote:

    >Now, if I could only find something similar to the old SwitchHack to
    >move back and forth among apps without having to go to the app
    >launcher. Any hints?

    Hobbyist Software's "Butler" can do something like that using the volume
    buttons. There may be other options.

    http://hobbyistsoftware.com/downloads.php

  7. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    David Schwartz wrote:

    > Now, if I could only find something similar to the old SwitchHack to
    > move back and forth among apps without having to go to the app
    > launcher. Any hints?

    You should have a look on McPhling which provides direct access to the
    most recently used/favourite applications (even if they are located on
    the SD card) and switch between two applications :

    Regards
    --
    Christian

  8. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    David Schwartz
    wrote:

    > On Jan 27, 6:59=A0am, c...@nospam.invalid (Christian Fauchier)
    > wrote:
    > > David Schwartz wrote:
    > > > Now, if I could only find something similar to the old
    > > > SwitchHack to
    > > > move back and forth among apps without having to go to the
    > > > app
    > > > launcher. Any hints?

    > > You should have a look on McPhling which provides direct
    > > access to the
    > > most recently used/favourite applications (even if they are
    > > located on
    > > the SD card) and switch between two applications :
    > >

    > > Regards
    > > --
    > > Christian

    > Unfortunately, both this and Switch5 appear to presume that I
    > have a
    > dedicated graffiti area which, with the Treo 755p, I lack.

    Mcphling works fine on my 700p. I assume your concern is how to
    activate it. Select "Buttons" and then under Apps select
    "custom". It will then prompt you to press any button you want
    to activate. I use the voice recorder button because I don't use
    it. You may want the green button(what good is it?). Bottom
    line, Mcphling will work just fine.
    --
    Regards,
    Doug

  9. Re: Extending the Palm OS on my Treo 755p

    On Jan 27, 6:59*am, c...@nospam.invalid (Christian Fauchier) wrote:
    > David Schwartz wrote:
    > > Now, if I could only find something similar to the old SwitchHack to
    > > move back and forth among apps without having to go to the app
    > > launcher. Any hints?

    > You should have a look on McPhling which provides direct access to the
    > most recently used/favourite applications (even if they are located on
    > the SD card) and switch between two applications :
    >

    > Regards
    > --
    > Christian

    Unfortunately, both this and Switch5 appear to presume that I have a
    dedicated graffiti area which, with the Treo 755p, I lack.

+ Reply to Thread