App for rapid address fill-in? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on App for rapid address fill-in? - Palmtop ; Ladies & Gents, can anyone recommend an app for this: I remember a couple years ago coming across a simple application that would basically take a portion of text in the Clipboard and try to create an address by automatically ...

  1. App for rapid address fill-in?

    Ladies & Gents, can anyone recommend an app for this:

    I remember a couple years ago coming across a simple application that
    would basically take a portion of text in the Clipboard and try to
    create an address by automatically fitting the portions of the copied
    text into the address fields (i.e. could 'tell' phone numbers from
    email addresses, street addreses, etc).

    This would be valuable to me as it would allow me to pick any address
    text e.g. in the browser, and rapidly create a new contact with it.

    I went searching for this but couldn't find anything, and I don't even
    remember the name of the app.

    Anyone know such tool /could recommend any method?

    P.S. - note, I'm using a Palm T|X, with Max OS X on the laptop side...
    don't know if this limits my options?

    Thanks
    Miguel

  2. Re: App for rapid address fill-in?

    Well, there is a windows app called Addressgrabber from egrabber.com -
    I don't know if there is any way for you to use that.

    Dan

    On Jan 24, 2:53 am, Miguel Ferreira wrote:
    > Ladies & Gents, can anyone recommend an app for this:
    >
    > I remember a couple years ago coming across a simple application that
    > would basically take a portion of text in the Clipboard and try to
    > create an address by automatically fitting the portions of the copied
    > text into the address fields (i.e. could 'tell' phone numbers from
    > email addresses, street addreses, etc).
    >
    > This would be valuable to me as it would allow me to pick any address
    > text e.g. in the browser, and rapidly create a new contact with it.
    >
    > I went searching for this but couldn't find anything, and I don't even
    > remember the name of the app.
    >
    > Anyone know such tool /could recommend any method?
    >
    > P.S. - note, I'm using a Palm T|X, with Max OS X on the laptop side...
    > don't know if this limits my options?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Miguel

  3. Re: App for rapid address fill-in?

    In article @m34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, miferrei@cisco.com says...
    > Ladies & Gents, can anyone recommend an app for this:
    >
    > I remember a couple years ago coming across a simple application that
    > would basically take a portion of text in the Clipboard and try to
    > create an address by automatically fitting the portions of the copied
    > text into the address fields (i.e. could 'tell' phone numbers from
    > email addresses, street addreses, etc).
    >
    > This would be valuable to me as it would allow me to pick any address
    > text e.g. in the browser, and rapidly create a new contact with it.
    >
    > I went searching for this but couldn't find anything, and I don't even
    > remember the name of the app.
    >
    > Anyone know such tool /could recommend any method?
    >
    > P.S. - note, I'm using a Palm T|X, with Max OS X on the laptop side...
    > don't know if this limits my options?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Miguel

    Splashdata purchased Snap! recently.