Re: Favourite applications for Palm - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Favourite applications for Palm - Palmtop ; Hi, Here is my selection below. They are freeware unless specified otherwise with [Com](for commercial) : CCLite : MSN client Yanoff : news reader (old freeware version) TCPMP : Multimedia viewer : movies, images, music GoogleMaps : Maps on the ...

  1. Re: Favourite applications for Palm

    Hi,

    Here is my selection below. They are freeware unless specified
    otherwise with [Com](for commercial) :

    CCLite :
    MSN client
    Yanoff :
    news reader (old freeware version)
    TCPMP :
    Multimedia viewer : movies, images, music
    GoogleMaps :
    Maps on the go
    HardReset & Softreset :
    two softwares to issue the resets without
    removing the Treo's battery.
    FileZ :
    Browse your Palm content, manage files & folders
    UniCMD :
    same as above, with a different look&feel & more
    KeyGTime+ :
    alternate lock screen
    SiEd :
    a real Text Editor on Palm
    CardExport [Com]:
    Use your Palm as a SD card reader/writer.
    Additionnaly, allow the Treo's battery to charge even without
    installing the Palm drivers on the computer (It's a shame
    Palm does not provide these with PalmOS)
    NVBackup :
    does backups on SD cards.
    IrOff :
    keep your infrared device off to save battery.
    OnOff Control :
    manage the way your Palm stays on or switches off.
    OperaMini :
    not so nice, not so stable, but can be better than
    the default Palm web browser (again : Why Palm did not put
    NetFront web browser on Treo's PalmOS ?)
    NetFront [sort of Com] :
    THE BEST WEB BROWSER ON PalmOS. Unfortunately avaiable
    only on Sony Clie. Once you've tried it, you miss it if
    you don't have a Clie... (some people found a way to have
    it running on T5, TC, TX...)
    UDMH [Com] :
    defrag Palm's memory
    PalmPDF :
    View PDF document as is (usefull when received by email)
    SmbMate :
    connect to Windows shared folders.

    Also, but not killer's app but I like those anyway (all are commercials):
    - TomTom GPS/Mapping
    - NoviiRemote (Universal IR remote control)

    Enjoy,

    Charly

  2. Re: Favourite applications for Palm

    On 2008-01-17, Charly wrote:
    > Here is my selection below. They are freeware unless specified
    > otherwise with [Com](for commercial) :
    >
    > GoogleMaps :
    > Maps on the go

    This is very cool on my TX but I don't see a way to let it know about
    a proxy server. I wish the TX would let you set a proxy server in the
    WiFi connections dialogue, per connection, rather than in each and
    every application (blazer etc).

    --
    -Toby