Re: Palm Desktop for XP and Treo 680 Upgrade Released - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Palm Desktop for XP and Treo 680 Upgrade Released - Palmtop ; On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 11:27:53PM -0600, Zombie Elvis wrote: > Unlocked Treo 680s have a new firmware upgrade which can be downloaded > here: > http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html Thanks for pointing that out. I see it adds support for mp3 ...

  1. Re: Palm Desktop for XP and Treo 680 Upgrade Released

    On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 11:27:53PM -0600, Zombie Elvis wrote:

    > Unlocked Treo 680s have a new firmware upgrade which can be downloaded
    > here:
    > http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html

    Thanks for pointing that out. I see it adds support for mp3 ringtones -
    obviously Palm were listening when I asked about them a few days ago in
    this group :-)

    Today's previously unreported paraphilia is tomorrow's Internet sensation

  2. Re: Palm Desktop for XP and Treo 680 Upgrade Released

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Cantrell said:

    > Thanks for pointing that out. I see it adds support for mp3 ringtones -
    > obviously Palm were listening when I asked about them a few days ago in
    > this group :-)

    But it's a half-assed support. You have to download them into the
    ringtone database via email or Blazer, you just can't point to an mp3
    on the card.

    The knowledgebase hasn't been updated, it still says that mp3s cannot
    be used. The updated manual only says that mp3s can be used, but not
    HOW.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor just like
    you like to be liked yourself." George W. Bush puts an interesting
    twist on Jesus Christ's proverb: "Love thy neighbor." (Quote is from
    the Financial Times)

  3. Re: Palm Desktop for XP and Treo 680 Upgrade Released

    On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:41:39AM -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    > Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Cantrell said:
    > > Thanks for pointing that out. I see it adds support for mp3 ringtones -
    > > obviously Palm were listening when I asked about them a few days ago in
    > > this group :-)

    > But it's a half-assed support. You have to download them into the
    > ringtone database via email or Blazer, you just can't point to an mp3
    > on the card.

    That's good enough for me.

    You don't need to spam good porn

  4. Re: Palm Desktop for XP and Treo 680 Upgrade Released

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Cantrell said:

    > On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:41:39AM -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    > > Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Cantrell said:
    > > > Thanks for pointing that out. I see it adds support for mp3 ringtones -
    > > > obviously Palm were listening when I asked about them a few days ago in
    > > > this group :-)

    > > But it's a half-assed support. You have to download them into the
    > > ringtone database via email or Blazer, you just can't point to an mp3
    > > on the card.

    > That's good enough for me.

    Not for me. I don't want to fill up my internal storage with mp3
    tones. I want them read from the card, and I'd prefer to do it without
    needing a third-party ringtone manager.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements:
    energy, matter and enlightened self-interest." (Amb. G'Kar, B5
    "Survivors")

+ Reply to Thread