Need time sync program - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Need time sync program - Palmtop ; I need to accurately synchronize the time on 3 Palm III's I am using them as data collection loggers and need the timestamped collected info to coincide from Palm to Palm. Is there a program to beam the time from ...

  1. Need time sync program

    I need to accurately synchronize the time on 3 Palm III's

    I am using them as data collection loggers and need the timestamped
    collected info to coincide from Palm to Palm.

    Is there a program to beam the time from unit to unit to do this? I know I
    can use "GpsTime" to set them all the same, but I really don't want to carry
    around a GPS just to do this.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Need time sync program

    Thanks, but I should have mentioned that I need to do this in the field away
    from my computer....and the Palms may be away from my computer for many days
    so they DO get errors in the times.

    Jim

    wrote:
    > >I need to accurately synchronize the time on 3 Palm III's
    > >
    > >Is there a program to beam the time from unit to unit to do this? I know

    > >can use "GpsTime" to set them all the same, but I really don't want to

    carry
    > >around a GPS just to do this.

    > I have been using TimeCopy. It executes during a hotsync, bringing the
    > PDA's clock into agreement with the clock of the PC that it is
    > hotsyncing with.
    >
    > So an indirect solution for you would be to
    > 1. Synchronize all of your PCs using NTP.
    > 2. Install TimeCopy on all your PCs and PDAs.
    >
    > TimeCopy is freeware: http://vons.free.fr/palm/
    > --
    > David Arnstein (00)
    > arnstein+usenet@pobox.com {{ }}
    > ^^

  3. Re: Need time sync program

    In article <45351$478e85af$d80c3a14$22905@NAXS.COM>, Jim wrote:
    >I need to accurately synchronize the time on 3 Palm III's
    >
    >Is there a program to beam the time from unit to unit to do this? I know I
    >can use "GpsTime" to set them all the same, but I really don't want to carry
    >around a GPS just to do this.

    I have been using TimeCopy. It executes during a hotsync, bringing the
    PDA's clock into agreement with the clock of the PC that it is
    hotsyncing with.

    So an indirect solution for you would be to
    1. Synchronize all of your PCs using NTP.
    2. Install TimeCopy on all your PCs and PDAs.

    TimeCopy is freeware: http://vons.free.fr/palm/
    --
    David Arnstein (00)
    arnstein+usenet@pobox.com {{ }}
    ^^

  4. Re: Need time sync program

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Arnstein said:

    > I have been using TimeCopy. It executes during a hotsync, bringing the
    > PDA's clock into agreement with the clock of the PC that it is
    > hotsyncing with.

    How about an OTA solution? If I have to pull the battery for any
    reason from my Treo, the clock resets to some random time. If I'm away
    from my computer, I can't hotsync.

    I've been using AtomClock, but I only have one time sync left in the
    trial, the only place I know of to buy it is PocketGear (formerly
    PalmGear), and I've been having nothing but problems trying to a)
    re-register with them and b) actually pay for anything I want.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "While I was asleep, the uh... the ship, it sang to me." (Dr. Jacobs,
    B5 "Hunter, Prey")

+ Reply to Thread