where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen? - Palmtop ; Hi, anybody know any UK online links selling the stick-on plastic protective cover for the T5 screen? Looking for something at a reasonable price and want a good firm cover, not the cheapie thin ones which are useless. Many thanks ...

  1. where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen?

    Hi, anybody know any UK online links selling the stick-on plastic
    protective cover for the T5 screen? Looking for something at a
    reasonable price and want a good firm cover, not the cheapie thin ones
    which are useless. Many thanks for any help.
    Dee

  2. Re: where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen?

    "DaffyDee" wrote in message
    > Hi, anybody know any UK online links selling the stick-on plastic
    > protective cover for the T5 screen? Looking for something at a
    > reasonable price and want a good firm cover, not the cheapie thin ones
    > which are useless. Many thanks for any help.

    i like the Boxwave ones - i have used them on my T5 for 3 years or so. They
    have a semi fluid adhesive so you can peel them if they dont line up.

    Shame they cannot seem to trim the curved corners properly......

    AFAICT you have to order from the US.

    www.boxwave.com

    the crystal ones are good, but i prefer the matt finish ones as they seem to
    improve the contrast.

    --
    Regards

    stephen_hope@xyzworld.com - replace xyz with ntl

  3. Re: where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen?

    On 14 Jan, 21:37, "stephen" wrote:
    > "DaffyDee" wrote in message

    > > Hi, anybody know any UK online links selling the stick-on plastic
    > > protective cover for the T5 screen? Looking for something at a
    > > reasonable price and want a good firm cover, not the cheapie thin ones
    > > which are useless. Many thanks for any help.

    > i like the Boxwave ones - i have used them on my T5 for 3 years or so. They
    > have a semi fluid adhesive so you can peel them if they dont line up.
    >
    > Shame they cannot seem to trim the curved corners properly......
    >
    > AFAICT you have to order from the US.
    >
    > www.boxwave.com
    >
    > the crystal ones are good, but i prefer the matt finish ones as they seem to
    > improve the contrast.> Dee
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > stephen_h...@xyzworld.com - replace xyz with ntl

    Thanks for that link, their international shipping rates seem
    reasonable too. Cheers, Dee

  4. Re: where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen?

    In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Harlan Lachman wrote:

    > A different perspective is this. Screens are much better than one might
    > think. However, they can scratch and once scratched may be annoying. One
    > person's no problem is another's I cannot live with this. Also, a high
    > quality screen saver such as the Brando
    > (http://shop.brando.com.hk/model_list...d=&dept_id=026) will not
    > make the screen hard to read or write.

    Nine bucks for a tiny piece of plastic strikes me as nuts.

    Where can I buy an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of this type of plastic, so I ca cut
    my own?

    --
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  5. Re: where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen?

    wrote:

    > > A different perspective is this. Screens are much better than one might
    > > think. However, they can scratch and once scratched may be annoying. One
    > > person's no problem is another's I cannot live with this. Also, a high
    > > quality screen saver such as the Brando
    > > (http://shop.brando.com.hk/model_list...d=&dept_id=026) will not
    > > make the screen hard to read or write.

    agreed - once a screen is scatched badly the digitiser becomes non linear
    and input gets very wierd.

    > Nine bucks for a tiny piece of plastic strikes me as nuts.
    >
    > Where can I buy an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of this type of plastic, so I ca cut
    > my own?

    one of the main things you are buying is the semi liquid adhesive - not just
    the plastic...

    screen protectors that cannot be peeled up and repositioned without damge,
    or allow a bubble to be squeezed out are almost impossible to apply
    correctly.

    --
    Regards

    stephen_hope@xyzworld.com - replace xyz with ntl

  6. Re: where can I buy protective cover for my T5 screen?

    In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, stephen wrote:

    > > Where can I buy an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of this type of plastic, so I ca cut
    > > my own?

    > one of the main things you are buying is the semi liquid adhesive - not just
    > the plastic...

    Where can I buy sheets of the plastic with the corrrct ahesive?
    Obviously, the companies who sell screen protectors buy the stuff in big
    rolls, and pay pretty much nothing for a 2x2 piece of it.

    I'd rather buy a few sheets for $10 and have a lifetime supply, rather
    than pay $9 for one of them.

    --
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russel

+ Reply to Thread