MP3 ringtones on Treo 680 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on MP3 ringtones on Treo 680 - Palmtop ; I'm embarrassed to ask this, because normally the only people who care about ringtones are dreadful chav subhumans. However, I want mp3 ringtones on my Treo 680. Any recommendations for software? While free is obviously good, "works reliably" is better, ...

  1. MP3 ringtones on Treo 680

    I'm embarrassed to ask this, because normally the only people who care
    about ringtones are dreadful chav subhumans. However, I want mp3
    ringtones on my Treo 680. Any recommendations for software?

    While free is obviously good, "works reliably" is better, of course.

    --
    David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

    There are many different types of sausages. The best are
    from the north of England. The wurst are from Germany.
    -- seen in alt.2eggs...

  2. Re: MP3 ringtones on Treo 680

    David Cantrell a écrit :
    > I'm embarrassed to ask this, because normally the only people who care
    > about ringtones are dreadful chav subhumans. However, I want mp3
    > ringtones on my Treo 680. Any recommendations for software?
    >
    > While free is obviously good, "works reliably" is better, of course.

    Hi,

    Check MusicTones. Freeware, no complain so far...

    Charly

  3. Re: MP3 ringtones on Treo 680

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Cantrell said:

    > I'm embarrassed to ask this, because normally the only people who care
    > about ringtones are dreadful chav subhumans. However, I want mp3
    > ringtones on my Treo 680. Any recommendations for software?
    >
    > While free is obviously good, "works reliably" is better, of course.

    Freeware: Minitones. Place an mp3 on the SD card, use Minitones on
    the Treo to take either the entire track or a user-selected portion of
    the track and place it in the master ringtone list. This will use
    internal storage for the ringtones so created. Usual suspect places
    such as pocketgear.com, handango.com, mytreo.net, etc.

    Not freeware but reasonably priced: RingCare. Complete ringtone
    management application, works with the internal ringtone database and
    mp3 files on the card. Has an available Windows desktop companion for
    cropping parts of mp3 files that you want out of entire songs. Forex,
    one of my ringers is the cacophony of bells from Pink Floyd's "Time".
    But that starts about 8 seconds into the track, so I used this desktop
    companion to remove that first 8 seconds. gotreosoftware.com.

    I did not like Lightwave, and mRing crashes my Treo.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "Just get out of her way, Doctor. We're doomed to be Entertained. It's
    an obligation on both sides. The polite thing to do is sort of pretend
    we're not here till she's ready for us." (Miles Vorkosigan [Lois
    McMaster Bujold, "The Mountains of Mourning"])

  4. Re: MP3 ringtones on Treo 680

    On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 02:15:12PM -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

    > Freeware: Minitones.

    Thanks guys. I went with Musictones, mostly because it has a prettier
    icon :-)

    I hate baby seals. They get asked to all the best clubs.

  5. Re: MP3 ringtones on Treo 680

    In article <20080114115614.GB10583@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk>,
    david@cantrell.org.uk says...
    > I'm embarrassed to ask this, because normally the only people who care
    > about ringtones are dreadful chav subhumans. However, I want mp3
    > ringtones on my Treo 680. Any recommendations for software?
    >
    > While free is obviously good, "works reliably" is better, of course.

    Dmitry of Palm Powerups just released Treo Ringtone Installer, Will
    install MP3 ringtones from card to Treo 680 ringtone file without loss
    of quality. Licensed under GPL v3, source code included.

+ Reply to Thread