Dead Tungsten E? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Dead Tungsten E? - Palmtop ; I was given a Palm Tungsten E that was purchased 4 years. The package was never opened. I'm trying to charge it, and it will not take a charge, or enough of a charge to come on when it's not ...

  1. Dead Tungsten E?

    I was given a Palm Tungsten E that was purchased 4 years. The package
    was never opened.

    I'm trying to charge it, and it will not take a charge, or enough of a
    charge to come on when it's not plugged in to the charger.

    I charged it overnite, and for 2 3-hour periods. Still nothing.

    I did the in-cradle reset before the last 3 hour charge. No help.

    It looks like it is just dead, but I don't want to give up on it if
    there is something more to try.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    John B.

  2. Re: Dead Tungsten E?

    jw10413@earthlink.net wrote:
    > I was given a Palm Tungsten E that was purchased 4 years. The package
    > was never opened.
    >
    > I'm trying to charge it, and it will not take a charge, or enough of a
    > charge to come on when it's not plugged in to the charger.
    >
    > I charged it overnite, and for 2 3-hour periods. Still nothing.
    >
    > I did the in-cradle reset before the last 3 hour charge. No help.
    >
    > It looks like it is just dead, but I don't want to give up on it if
    > there is something more to try.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John B.

    Here's a thought experiment...do NOT actually try this...
    pull the cell and stick 3.8V across it with a 10mA current limit.
    After it gets up to 3.8V or so, see if the palm can charge it.

    This for thought experiment purposes only. NEVER disassemble
    anything. Never try to charge any battery. DANGER!!
    You can hurt yourself and/or burn down your house.
    Don't try this at home.

+ Reply to Thread