Slowness on Treo 680 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Slowness on Treo 680 - Palmtop ; My Treo 680 works fine, except that it is often very slow when switching between applications (it takes a few seconds, sometimes up to 10...). Then the speed is normal. I have the feeling that the problem is related to ...

  1. Slowness on Treo 680

    My Treo 680 works fine, except that it is often very slow when switching
    between applications (it takes a few seconds, sometimes up to 10...).
    Then the speed is normal.

    I have the feeling that the problem is related to the number of alarms
    (or snoozed / pending alarms?) that I have, and I have a lot. I use
    DateBook 6 (version 6.0a, s3).

    Any idea of what is the causing the slowness? Are the utilities to
    "clean-up" my Treo?

    Thanks for any help or hint

    Pascal

  2. Re: Slowness on Treo 680

    On 1/9/2008 11:44 PM PT, Pascal Sartoretti typed:

    > My Treo 680 works fine, except that it is often very slow when switching
    > between applications (it takes a few seconds, sometimes up to 10...).
    > Then the speed is normal.
    >
    > I have the feeling that the problem is related to the number of alarms
    > (or snoozed / pending alarms?) that I have, and I have a lot. I use
    > DateBook 6 (version 6.0a, s3).
    >
    > Any idea of what is the causing the slowness? Are the utilities to
    > "clean-up" my Treo?
    >
    > Thanks for any help or hint

    This seems to happen in Versamail a lot, but I heard it is a bad client.
    Do you use Versamail too?
    --
    "Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw
    from us. We need hours of aimless wandering or spates of time sitting on
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  3. Re: Slowness on Treo 680

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Pascal Sartoretti said:

    > My Treo 680 works fine, except that it is often very slow when switching
    > between applications (it takes a few seconds, sometimes up to 10...).
    > Then the speed is normal.
    >
    > I have the feeling that the problem is related to the number of alarms
    > (or snoozed / pending alarms?) that I have, and I have a lot. I use
    > DateBook 6 (version 6.0a, s3).

    I see the same thing, but not to the same extent. I have very few
    alarms, and none snoozed. (btw, you're using an old version of
    DateBk6, 6.0a was officially released quite some time ago, the current
    is 6.1a,r7).

    As near as I can tell, and as others in the Yahoo Treo group have
    determined, this delay happens when the Treo 680 does a "com check"
    with the tower.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #53.
    If the beautiful princess that I capture says "I'll never marry you!
    Never, do you hear me, NEVER!!!", I will say "Oh well" and kill her.

  4. Re: Slowness on Treo 680

    On Jan 10, 10:55 am, Ant wrote:
    > This seems to happen in Versamail a lot, but I heard it is a bad client.
    > Do you use Versamail too?

    Yes , but the problem is not limited to Versamail. BTW I tried an
    other e-mail
    client during a few weeks, and had the same problem.

    Pascal

  5. Re: Slowness on Treo 680

    On Jan 10, 8:11 pm, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    > (btw, you're using an old version of
    > DateBk6, 6.0a was officially released quite some time ago, the current
    > is 6.1a,r7).

    I upgraded to 6.1a,r7 over the week-end, no change.

    > As near as I can tell, and as others in the YahooTreogroup have
    > determined, this delay happens when theTreo680does a "com check"
    > with the tower.

    I turned off the GSM, no change.

    I also used the DbFixIt utility to check my databases, they were ok.

    Any other idea? If Apple announces a new iPhone tomorrow, I might be
    tempted :-)

    Pascal

  6. Re: Slowness on Treo 680

    For info: I solved the problem by purging completed ToDo's in DateBook.
    I had a few thousands completed ones, and I guess that those which had
    alarms attached caused the slowdown.

  7. Re: Slowness on Treo 680

    On Jan 24, 4:10 pm, Pascal Sartoretti
    wrote:
    > For info: I solved the problem by purging completed ToDo's in DateBook.
    > I had a few thousands completed ones, and I guess that those which had
    > alarms attached caused the slowdown.

    Interesting solution. Thanks for sharing this.

+ Reply to Thread