treo 680 display light - Palmtop

This is a discussion on treo 680 display light - Palmtop ; Do you know if display light can be powered off in treo 680? I've got m515 palm and I can power off light. Have treo 680 same feature? Do you know if treo 680 is happly readable in sunlight even ...

  1. treo 680 display light

    Do you know if display light can be powered off in treo 680?
    I've got m515 palm and I can power off light. Have treo 680 same feature?

    Do you know if treo 680 is happly readable in sunlight even without
    display light?
    My m515 is readable in sunlight, when the light is switched off to.

    Hi have to use palm-os software to fly (free fly: paragliding) for hours.
    So I have to save energy to make battery life longer, but I have to see
    shown data too. I know treo 680 has no long battery life but I'm thinking
    to add addictional battery to make it longer. (my m515 has short battery
    life, too)

    I know treo 680 battery life is 4h using it speaking by phone. Do you know
    how long it should be using it to read data sent from GPS, by bluetooth?

    Thanks, regards.

    CNerone

  2. Re: treo 680 display light

    In message <4776a824$0$37206$4fafbaef@reader3.news.tin.it> cnerone
    wrote:

    >Do you know if display light can be powered off in treo 680?
    >I've got m515 palm and I can power off light. Have treo 680 same feature?

    "PowerHero" can do it.

  3. Re: treo 680 display light

    On Dec 29, 1:03*pm, cnerone wrote:
    > Do you know if display light can be powered off in treo 680?
    > I've got m515 palm and I can power off light. Have treo 680 same feature?

    I'm not sure what you mean by "display light". It's a color screen,
    it's on or it's off. You can control the brightness level.

    > Do you know if treo 680 is happly readable in sunlight even without
    > display light?
    > My m515 is readable in sunlight, when the light is switched off to.

    My 680 is pretty readable in bright sunlight, but I do have to look
    harder.

    > Hi have to use palm-os software to fly (free fly: paragliding) for hours.
    > So I have to save energy to make battery life longer, but I have to see
    > shown data too. I know treo 680 has no long battery life but I'm thinking
    > to add addictional battery to make it longer. (my m515 has short battery
    > life, too)
    >
    > I know treo 680 battery life is 4h using it speaking by phone. Do you know
    > how long it should be using it to read data sent from GPS, by bluetooth?

    Can't help on that one.

    > Thanks, regards.
    >
    > CNerone

  4. Re: treo 680 display light

    In message
    <5cabe115-7194-4714-b7bf-72178b04128b@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com>
    davegb wrote:

    >On Dec 29, 1:03*pm, cnerone wrote:
    >> Do you know if display light can be powered off in treo 680?
    >> I've got m515 palm and I can power off light. Have treo 680 same feature?

    >I'm not sure what you mean by "display light". It's a color screen,
    >it's on or it's off. You can control the brightness level.

    There is both a screen and a backlight. The screen can be turned on and
    off independently of the backlight, and the backlight's brightness can
    be adjusted.

  5. Re: treo 680 display light

    Il Mon, 31 Dec 2007 22:01:36 -0700, DevilsPGD ha scritto:

    > In message
    > <5cabe115-7194-4714-b7bf-72178b04128b@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com>
    > davegb wrote:
    >
    >>On Dec 29, 1:03*pm, cnerone wrote:
    >>> Do you know if display light can be powered off in treo 680?
    >>> I've got m515 palm and I can power off light. Have treo 680 same feature?

    >>I'm not sure what you mean by "display light". It's a color screen,
    >>it's on or it's off. You can control the brightness level.

    > There is both a screen and a backlight. The screen can be turned on and
    > off independently of the backlight, and the backlight's brightness can
    > be adjusted.

    I'm thinking about using treo with lights off in sunlight!
    It's treo 680 readable when in sunlight? even with lights switched off?

    Thanks

  6. Re: treo 680 display light

    In message <477e7339$0$4793$4fafbaef@reader4.news.tin.it> cnerone
    wrote:

    >I'm thinking about using treo with lights off in sunlight!
    >It's treo 680 readable when in sunlight? even with lights switched off?

    It's visible indoors, although it would be difficult to spend any time
    reading. Bright light appears to help.

    If we happen to have a sunny day and I think of it, I'll test further.

+ Reply to Thread