Centro & Stowaway Keyboard? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Centro & Stowaway Keyboard? - Palmtop ; They don't seem to work together. The Centro keeps shutting down and going into endless reset loop, until I do a System Reset, delete the Keyboard application, and then reset it again. Has anyone found a work around for this ...

  1. Centro & Stowaway Keyboard?

    They don't seem to work together. The Centro keeps shutting down and
    going into endless reset loop, until I do a System Reset, delete the
    Keyboard application, and then reset it again. Has anyone found a work
    around for this problem -- or do I just hope iGo rewrites the driver for
    Centro? I like to write with my Palms, which is why I like Stowaway
    keyboards. I thought the Centro/Bluetooth Stowaway keyboard would be the
    greatest thing since sliced bread, so this is a bit more than
    frustrating.

    Surely someone else has run into this problem -- or am I unique? Thanks
    for any advice.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: Centro & Stowaway Keyboard?

    "RonB" wrote in message
    news:Xns9A1432459D181ronb02noSpamgmailcom@69.28.18 6.121...
    > They don't seem to work together. The Centro keeps shutting down and
    > going into endless reset loop, until I do a System Reset, delete the
    > Keyboard application, and then reset it again. Has anyone found a work
    > around for this problem -- or do I just hope iGo rewrites the driver for
    > Centro? I like to write with my Palms, which is why I like Stowaway
    > keyboards. I thought the Centro/Bluetooth Stowaway keyboard would be the
    > greatest thing since sliced bread, so this is a bit more than
    > frustrating.
    >
    > Surely someone else has run into this problem -- or am I unique? Thanks
    > for any advice.

    Try the TapSmart Key link
    http://www.mobilityware.com/KeyLink/KeyLinkProduct.htm

    It allows you to use your computer keyboard to input and the computer screen for
    output. Just check with them to make sure it's Centro compatible.

    Adam

  3. Re: Centro & Stowaway Keyboard?

    "Adam Helberg" wrote in

    > "RonB" wrote in message
    > news:Xns9A1432459D181ronb02noSpamgmailcom@69.28.18 6.121...
    >> They don't seem to work together. The Centro keeps shutting down and
    >> going into endless reset loop, until I do a System Reset, delete the
    >> Keyboard application, and then reset it again. Has anyone found a
    >> work around for this problem -- or do I just hope iGo rewrites the
    >> driver for Centro? I like to write with my Palms, which is why I like
    >> Stowaway keyboards. I thought the Centro/Bluetooth Stowaway keyboard
    >> would be the greatest thing since sliced bread, so this is a bit more
    >> than frustrating.
    >>
    >> Surely someone else has run into this problem -- or am I unique?
    >> Thanks for any advice.

    > Try the TapSmart Key link
    > http://www.mobilityware.com/KeyLink/KeyLinkProduct.htm
    >
    > It allows you to use your computer keyboard to input and the computer
    > screen for output. Just check with them to make sure it's Centro
    > compatible.

    I can see where this could have it uses, but what I want is the ability
    to carry my Centro and a portable keyboard so I can write when I'm away
    from the computer. Otherwise I would just use the programs on the
    computer.

    Thanks for the link.

    --
    RonB