Palm Bluetooth Web Connection - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Bluetooth Web Connection - Palmtop ; I have T-Mobile and I would like to connect to the web with my Palm TX via bluetooth connection with my RAZR using T-Mobile GPRS but after several attempts I am unable below is what I have been doing to ...

  1. Palm Bluetooth Web Connection

    I have T-Mobile and I would like to connect to the web with my Palm TX
    via bluetooth connection with my RAZR using T-Mobile GPRS but after
    several attempts I am unable below is what I have been doing to the
    palm.

    From the Service drop down menu, type T-Mobile GPRS
    In the User name and Password fields type a.
    From the Connection drop down menu, tap to select T-Mobile GPRS.
    Tap Details.
    Tap Script.
    Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send, then type at
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com" (Tap the arrow next to
    End, and tap to select Send CR.
    Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send and type atdt*99#.
    Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send CR.
    Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Wait For and type
    CONNECT.
    Tap OK.
    Tap OK again.

    Any help would be appreciated T-Mobile and Palm are no help.

  2. Re: Palm Bluetooth Web Connection

    On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:41:14 -0800 (PST), Michael.Forcier@gmail.com
    wrote:

    >I have T-Mobile and I would like to connect to the web with my Palm TX
    >via bluetooth connection with my RAZR using T-Mobile GPRS but after
    >several attempts I am unable below is what I have been doing to the
    >palm.

    This may be a dumb question but are you sure that your TX can "see"
    and log-on to the RAZR? Here's what I did to connect my Treo 680 to my
    TX. First I made sure that both devices were discoverable, that is
    that they were broadcasting so any Bluetooth device could communicate
    with them (you can change this setting once both devices are set up).

    Set up your phone first. My Treo asked me to assign it a four-digit
    passcode. At some point when you are setting up your TX, your phone
    should make a similar request.

    Open the TX Bluetooth application (it's the little stylized "B" icon
    on the toolbar) and tap on "Setup Devices." Tap on "Trusted Devices"
    and then on "Add Device." Your phone should show up a the list of
    "Nearby Devices." Select the phone, tap "OK," and the will TX ask you
    for the four-digit passcode which you should have already entered on
    the phone.

    This step is actually a little tricky, so you may have to repeat it a
    couple of times in order to get your phone and your Palm to talk to
    each other. But once it is done, the rest should be easy because the
    TX will walk you through the process of setting up an Internet
    connection for it through the phone on T-Mobile.
    --
    Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net

  3. Re: Palm Bluetooth Web Connection

    On Dec 23, 1:04*am, Zombie Elvis
    wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:41:14 -0800 (PST), Michael.Forc...@gmail.com
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have T-Mobile and I would like to connect to the web with my Palm TX
    > >via bluetooth connection with my RAZR using T-Mobile GPRS but after
    > >several attempts I am unable below is what I have been doing to the
    > >palm.

    > This may be a dumb question but are you sure that your TX can "see"
    > and log-on to the RAZR? Here's what I did to connect my Treo 680 to my
    > TX. First I made sure that both devices were discoverable, that is
    > that they were broadcasting so any Bluetooth device could communicate
    > with them (you can change this setting once both devices are set up).
    >
    > Set up your phone first. My Treo asked me to assign it a four-digit
    > passcode. At some point when you are setting up your TX, your phone
    > should make a similar request.
    >
    > Open the TX Bluetooth application (it's the little stylized "B" icon
    > on the toolbar) and tap on "Setup Devices." Tap on "Trusted Devices"
    > and then on "Add Device." Your phone should show up a the list of
    > "Nearby Devices." Select the phone, tap "OK," and the will TX ask you
    > for the four-digit passcode which you should have already entered on
    > the phone.
    >
    > This step is actually a little tricky, so you may have to repeat it a
    > couple of times in order to get your phone and your Palm to talk to
    > each other. But once it is done, the rest should be easy because the
    > TX will walk you through the process of setting up an Internet
    > connection for it through the phone on T-Mobile.
    > --
    > Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    > rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on
    > a skateboard.
    > * * * - Seen on Slashdot
    >
    > Roberto Castillo
    > robertocasti...@ameritech.net

    I have sucessfully paired the Palm and The RAZR. That is how I
    transfer ringtones so I know the are communicating.

    Thanks,

  4. Re: Palm Bluetooth Web Connection

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 05:26:26 -0800, Michael.Forcier wrote:

    > I have sucessfully paired the Palm and The RAZR. That is how I transfer
    > ringtones so I know the are communicating.
    >
    > Thanks,

    I've got my Palm T5 talking through a Samsung X820 (if it matters).
    I think your initialization strings looked right --

    at+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
    atdt*99#

    are what I run (I dont have the data service, so I piggy-back on the
    wap service, which is fine for me). As a help in debugging, if you
    bring up the preferences, then networking, and establish an outgoing
    session, _then_ -- select the menu->option->ViewLog. From there,
    you can see *exactly* what was going on -- and you have some
    primitive inputs (finger, ping -- I think "help" returns the
    obvious). Scroll down to the bottom of the log, select, and you
    can enter commands there for diagnostics.

    I found this extremely helpful when T-Mobile started enforcing use
    of their proxies ....

    Also; you might want to add a few diagnostic utilities in addition
    to the menu->options->ViewLog thingy -- I keep a ping/telnet/ssh
    agents on my system (telnet/ssh are obviously somewhat painful
    in graffiti ... :-)

    - Tom

  5. Re: Palm Bluetooth Web Connection

    I had my Palm working with my SLVR last year (Cingular network).
    Originally, I tried setting it up with all those options and never got
    anywhere. Then I found an option which was something like "Bluetooth
    access point" (Though I don't think it was acutally that) and it just
    worked without passwords or connection strings or anything.

    I'll see if I can find what it was again and let you know.

    Rich

    wrote:

    >I have T-Mobile and I would like to connect to the web with my Palm TX
    >via bluetooth connection with my RAZR using T-Mobile GPRS but after
    >several attempts I am unable below is what I have been doing to the
    >palm.
    >
    >From the Service drop down menu, type T-Mobile GPRS
    >In the User name and Password fields type a.
    >From the Connection drop down menu, tap to select T-Mobile GPRS.
    >Tap Details.
    >Tap Script.
    >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send, then type at
    >+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com" (Tap the arrow next to
    >End, and tap to select Send CR.
    >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send and type atdt*99#.
    >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send CR.
    >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Wait For and type
    >CONNECT.
    >Tap OK.
    >Tap OK again.
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated T-Mobile and Palm are no help.

    --
    If you squeeze my lizard
    I'll put my snake on you

  6. Re: Palm Bluetooth Web Connection

    On Dec 23, 10:28*pm, Richard Thomas wrote:
    > I had my Palm working with my SLVR last year (Cingular network).
    > Originally, I tried setting it up with all those options and never got
    > anywhere. Then I found an option which was something like "Bluetooth
    > access point" (Though I don't think it was acutally that) and it just
    > worked without passwords or connection strings or anything.
    >
    > I'll see if I can find what it was again and let you know.
    >
    > Rich
    >
    > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:41:14 -0800 (PST), Michael.Forc...@gmail.com
    > wrote:
    >

    > >I have T-Mobile and I would like to connect to the web with my Palm TX
    > >via bluetooth connection with my RAZR using T-Mobile GPRS but after
    > >several attempts I am unable below is what I have been doing to the
    > >palm.

    > >From the Service drop down menu, type T-Mobile GPRS
    > >In the User name and Password fields type a.
    > >From the Connection drop down menu, tap to select T-Mobile GPRS.
    > >Tap Details.
    > >Tap Script.
    > >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send, then type at
    > >+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com" (Tap the arrow next to
    > >End, and tap to select Send CR.
    > >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send and type atdt*99#.
    > >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Send CR.
    > >Tap the arrow next to End and tap to select Wait For and type
    > >CONNECT.
    > >Tap OK.
    > >Tap OK again.

    > >Any help would be appreciated T-Mobile and Palm are no help.

    > --
    > If you squeeze my lizard
    > I'll put my snake on you
    > I'm a romantic adventure
    > And I'm a reptile too- Hide quoted text -

    That would be great.
    Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread