Re: WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition - Palmtop ; schoenfeld.one@gmail.com wrote: > WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition > By Herman Schoenfeld > > In this article we show that "top-down" controlled demolition > accurately accounts for the collapse times of the World Trade Center > towers. A ...

  1. Re: WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition

    schoenfeld.one@gmail.com wrote:
    > WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition
    > By Herman Schoenfeld
    >
    > In this article we show that "top-down" controlled demolition
    > accurately accounts for the collapse times of the World Trade Center
    > towers. A top-down controlled demolition can be simply characterized
    > as a "pancake collapse" of a building missing its support columns.
    > This demolition profile requires that the support columns holding a
    > floor be destroyed just before that floor is collided with by the
    > upper falling masses. The net effect is a pancake-style collapse at
    > near free fall speed.
    >
    > This model predicts a WTC 1 collapse time of 11.38 seconds, and a WTC
    > 2 collapse time of 9.48 seconds. Those times accurately match the
    > seismographic data of those events.1 Refer to equations (1.9) and
    > (1.10) for details.
    >
    > It should be noted that this model differs massively from the "natural
    > pancake collapse" in that the geometrical composition of the structure
    > is not considered (as it is physically destroyed). A natural pancake
    > collapse features a diminishing velocity rapidly approaching rest due
    > the resistance offered by the columns and surrounding "steel mesh".

    No it doesn't.

    Now bugger off and actually STUDY the engineering.

    There was no 'steel mesh'.

    Each floor was dislocated in its entirety and went into free fall.

    The figures for the time delay between impact and collapse exactly match
    the range of figures that the fire protection was designed to afford.

    Its a classic case of progressive collapse

  2. Re: WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition

    On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:41:53 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
    wrote:

    >schoenfeld.one@gmail.com wrote:
    >> WTC Towers: The Case For Controlled Demolition
    >> By Herman Schoenfeld

    Truther whack job sack of ****ing dog****.

    Here's to hoping your wife, sister, mother or daughter goes flying out
    the next 100 story window to splat on the sidewalk in the next attack
    you scumbag rat ****.

    >No it doesn't.
    >
    >Now bugger off and actually STUDY the engineering.
    >
    >There was no 'steel mesh'.
    >

    >Each floor was dislocated in its entirety and went into free fall.
    >
    >The figures for the time delay between impact and collapse exactly match
    >the range of figures that the fire protection was designed to afford.
    >
    >Its a classic case of progressive collapse

+ Reply to Thread