TX replacement? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX replacement? - Palmtop ; I was all set to put the Palm TX on my Christmas list and then I noticed a $100 rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg. Does this mean that a replacement will appear after ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. TX replacement?

    I was all set to put the Palm TX on my Christmas list and then I noticed
    a $100 rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg.
    Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks
    Lou

  2. Re: TX replacement?

    Per Lou Lipnickey:
    >a $100 rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg.
    >Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    >If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks

    This is kind of tangential, but my impression is that not
    everybody who has a TX is all that enthralled with it.

    Seems like any widely-distributed product will have it's
    detractors, but I've seen enough negative TX posts to make me
    feel a bit better about not liking mine.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  3. Re: TX replacement?

    Thanks for the feedback. I have seen a fair number of negatives but the
    people that have and are happy with it, seem to like it.
    My thinking is along the lines that if I replace my E2 with a TX, I get
    the ability to occasionally see the internet with Wifi (like at an
    airport, as the e2 goes everywhere) and play more mp3s (the TX can take
    a 4GB card while the e2 a 1GB card). Comment?

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per Lou Lipnickey:
    >> a $100 rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg.
    >> Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    >> If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks

    > This is kind of tangential, but my impression is that not
    > everybody who has a TX is all that enthralled with it.
    >
    > Seems like any widely-distributed product will have it's
    > detractors, but I've seen enough negative TX posts to make me
    > feel a bit better about not liking mine.

  4. Re: TX replacement?

    In message <13lolaq4o6vasea@corp.supernews.com> Lou Lipnickey
    wrote:

    >Thanks for the feedback. I have seen a fair number of negatives but the
    >people that have and are happy with it, seem to like it.
    >My thinking is along the lines that if I replace my E2 with a TX, I get
    >the ability to occasionally see the internet with Wifi (like at an
    >airport, as the e2 goes everywhere) and play more mp3s (the TX can take
    >a 4GB card while the e2 a 1GB card). Comment?

    I wasn't real impressed with either the T|E2 or the T|X, but the T|X was
    *far* better of the two. The T|X and Treo 650 were about on par, the
    Treo 680 is once again a pleasure to use.

    (I can go into details, but the short version is stability, stability,
    stability)

  5. Re: TX replacement?

    Lou Lipnickey wrote:
    > Thanks for the feedback. I have seen a fair number of negatives but the
    > people that have and are happy with it, seem to like it.
    > My thinking is along the lines that if I replace my E2 with a TX, I get
    > the ability to occasionally see the internet with Wifi (like at an
    > airport, as the e2 goes everywhere) and play more mp3s (the TX can take
    > a 4GB card while the e2 a 1GB card). Comment?
    >
    > (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    >> Per Lou Lipnickey:
    >>> a $100 rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at
    >>> newegg.
    >>> Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    >>> If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks

    >> This is kind of tangential, but my impression is that not
    >> everybody who has a TX is all that enthralled with it.
    >> Seems like any widely-distributed product will have it's
    >> detractors, but I've seen enough negative TX posts to make me
    >> feel a bit better about not liking mine.

    Isn't the Palm OS dead?
    Can the TX take an SDHC card? If not, you're limited to a more
    expensive/less avaialable non-standard card.
    How many times was 1000 minutes of MP3's not enough and 4000 minutes
    would have siginificantly improved the quality of your life?
    And does your battery last more than 1000 minutes anyway?
    I find a tiny dedicated mp3 player to be superior on all counts.
    Did they fix the Palm Digitizer drift problems?

    Wifi can be useful if you kill a lot of time in places with open
    access points. My experience has been that the few times I wished
    I had access, all the available access points were closed.

    I've got palms and windows machines. For anything past the stuff that's
    on the screen when you get it, I find the wince machines much easier to
    deal with. Just try to find a freeware VOIP client for a palm.
    Something as simple as a Palm terminal emulator has been elusive.

    I'm partial to the Dell Axim X51v, cause they can be had for under $100.

    --
    Return address is VALID!

  6. Re: TX replacement?

    "mike" wrote in message
    > Lou Lipnickey wrote:
    >> Thanks for the feedback. I have seen a fair number of negatives but the
    >> people that have and are happy with it, seem to like it.
    >> My thinking is along the lines that if I replace my E2 with a TX, I get
    >> the ability to occasionally see the internet with Wifi (like at an
    >> airport, as the e2 goes everywhere) and play more mp3s (the TX can take a
    >> 4GB card while the e2 a 1GB card). Comment?
    >>
    >> (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    >>> Per Lou Lipnickey:
    >>>
    >>> This is kind of tangential, but my impression is that not
    >>> everybody who has a TX is all that enthralled with it. Seems like any
    >>> widely-distributed product will have it's
    >>> detractors, but I've seen enough negative TX posts to make me
    >>> feel a bit better about not liking mine.

    > Isn't the Palm OS dead?

    It may or may not matter. I use a PalmOS device not because I like PalmOS,
    but because the applications I like happen to run on PalmOS.

    I also use a BlackBerry, now there, I do like how the operating system
    works.

    Oh and then there's my Psion 5mx...

    > Can the TX take an SDHC card? If not, you're limited to a more
    > expensive/less avaialable non-standard card.
    > How many times was 1000 minutes of MP3's not enough and 4000 minutes would
    > have siginificantly improved the quality of your life?

    Depends, though. My Walkman 'phone only has a 256 Mb card. That's enough
    for four hours of music, give or take a bit. Some weeks I'll listen to >40
    hours of music (gym, at the office to help me concentrate, so on and so
    forth). The handset gets charge every so often...

    > And does your battery last more than 1000 minutes anyway?
    > I find a tiny dedicated mp3 player to be superior on all counts.

    Again, it depends.

    > Did they fix the Palm Digitizer drift problems?
    >
    > Wifi can be useful if you kill a lot of time in places with open
    > access points. My experience has been that the few times I wished
    > I had access, all the available access points were closed.
    >
    > I've got palms and windows machines. For anything past the stuff that's
    > on the screen when you get it, I find the wince machines much easier to
    > deal with. Just try to find a freeware VOIP client for a palm. Something
    > as simple as a Palm terminal emulator has been elusive.

    Again, that's software driven, rather than operating system driven - but
    sometimes splitting the two isn't impossible.

    > I'm partial to the Dell Axim X51v, cause they can be had for under $100.

    Aye. For me, PalmOS 4.x is as effective as 5.x, as I've found when
    "downgrading" from the T3 to the Clie. I don't need power features, so
    PalmOS may well be dead, but it doesn't matter.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  7. Re: TX replacement?

    DervMan wrote:
    > "mike" wrote in message
    >> Lou Lipnickey wrote:
    >>> Thanks for the feedback. I have seen a fair number of negatives but the
    >>> people that have and are happy with it, seem to like it.
    >>> My thinking is along the lines that if I replace my E2 with a TX, I get
    >>> the ability to occasionally see the internet with Wifi (like at an
    >>> airport, as the e2 goes everywhere) and play more mp3s (the TX can take a
    >>> 4GB card while the e2 a 1GB card). Comment?

    >> Isn't the Palm OS dead?

    > It may or may not matter. I use a PalmOS device not because I like PalmOS,
    > but because the applications I like happen to run on PalmOS.
    >
    > I also use a BlackBerry, now there, I do like how the operating system
    > works.
    >
    > Oh and then there's my Psion 5mx...
    >
    >> Can the TX take an SDHC card? If not, you're limited to a more
    >> expensive/less avaialable non-standard card.
    >> How many times was 1000 minutes of MP3's not enough and 4000 minutes would
    >> have siginificantly improved the quality of your life?

    > Depends, though. My Walkman 'phone only has a 256 Mb card. That's enough
    > for four hours of music, give or take a bit. Some weeks I'll listen to >40
    > hours of music (gym, at the office to help me concentrate, so on and so
    > forth). The handset gets charge every so often...
    >
    >> And does your battery last more than 1000 minutes anyway?
    >> I find a tiny dedicated mp3 player to be superior on all counts.

    > Again, it depends.
    >
    >> Did they fix the Palm Digitizer drift problems?
    >>
    >> Wifi can be useful if you kill a lot of time in places with open
    >> access points. My experience has been that the few times I wished
    >> I had access, all the available access points were closed.
    >>
    >> I've got palms and windows machines. For anything past the stuff that's
    >> on the screen when you get it, I find the wince machines much easier to
    >> deal with. Just try to find a freeware VOIP client for a palm. Something
    >> as simple as a Palm terminal emulator has been elusive.

    > Again, that's software driven, rather than operating system driven - but
    > sometimes splitting the two isn't impossible.
    >
    >> I'm partial to the Dell Axim X51v, cause they can be had for under $100.

    > Aye. For me, PalmOS 4.x is as effective as 5.x, as I've found when
    > "downgrading" from the T3 to the Clie. I don't need power features, so
    > PalmOS may well be dead, but it doesn't matter.

    I suppose if you never want more software than exists today.
    Little incentive for developers to write code for a dead OS.
    Don't know if it's a direct cause, but I'm finding used Palm PDA's
    selling at much lower prices than WM devices.

    --
    Return address is VALID!

  8. Re: TX replacement?

    Per Lou Lipnickey:
    >My thinking is along the lines that if I replace my E2 with a TX, I get
    >the ability to occasionally see the internet with Wifi (like at an
    >airport, as the e2 goes everywhere) and play more mp3s (the TX can take
    >a 4GB card while the e2 a 1GB card). Comment?

    All true.

    I actually managed to set mine up so that VersaMail grabs the
    emails that I have filters on my provider forwarding to my
    Verizon account. Only took about 10 man hours - and I actually
    used it once or twice... -)

    For music, I think "dedicated MP3 player". They're way cheap and
    there's considerable music-specific functionality.

    The negatives I've heard/experienced have been around the screen.

    I don't know enough to comment about cause, but having been
    through the original Palm, a IIIX, a Sony Clie, and a few others
    I forget the names of I find graffiti input on the TX tb about a
    1.5 on a scale of 1-10. It's *bad*....

    They ditched the real Graffiti in favor of some replacement.
    TealScript mitigated that a little, but not nearly enough.

    The other thing that I keep hearing is that the memory works
    differently - somebody who actually knows something will have to
    amplify on that - but it seems to degrade Graffiti entry.

    I'm *almost* ready to go back to my old Clie or the (can't recall
    the name...) B/W one that I gave away to somebody. They're both
    much faster, do the job, and Graffiti is mostly accurate - as
    opposed to having to re-enter every fifth letter.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  9. Re: TX replacement?

    In message mike wrote:

    >Isn't the Palm OS dead?

    Define dead... My Treo 680 running PalmOS still works great!

    >Can the TX take an SDHC card?

    Off hand, no.

    >If not, you're limited to a more
    >expensive/less avaialable non-standard card.

    Any SD card on the market will work. Unless you need more then 2GB,
    you're good to go.

    >How many times was 1000 minutes of MP3's not enough and 4000 minutes
    >would have siginificantly improved the quality of your life?

    I can't think of a case where that happened and it negatively impacted
    my quality of life to carry a second SD card.

    However, I sold my T|X before 4GB SDHC cards were affordable, today
    might be different.

    My hard card could hold two extra SD cards, that was more then
    sufficient.

    >And does your battery last more than 1000 minutes anyway?

    If not, the lack of SDHC support isn't that relevant.

    >I find a tiny dedicated mp3 player to be superior on all counts.

    Agreed.

    >Did they fix the Palm Digitizer drift problems?

    I can't say I bumped into that one, but IIRC, it can be fixed with
    software.

    >Wifi can be useful if you kill a lot of time in places with open
    >access points. My experience has been that the few times I wished
    >I had access, all the available access points were closed.

    You might live in a technologically backward area. Somewhere in the
    neighborhood of 50% of the restaurants around here have wifi, either
    open, upon request, or pay per use.

    >I've got palms and windows machines. For anything past the stuff that's
    >on the screen when you get it, I find the wince machines much easier to
    >deal with.

    That's very much a matter of what you plan on doing with the system.

    >Just try to find a freeware VOIP client for a palm.

    I find carrying a dedicated cell phone to be advantageous, for the same
    reasons as a dedicated MP3 player. And yes, I can make VoIP calls from
    my Razr, thanks for asking.

    >Something as simple as a Palm terminal emulator has been elusive.

    There is/was one out there at one point, but I'd rather pull out my
    laptop and have a larger keyboard and screen. That might be just me
    though.

  10. Re: TX replacement?

    Per mike:
    > For anything past the stuff that's
    >on the screen when you get it, I find the wince machines much easier to
    >deal with. Just try to find a freeware VOIP client for a palm.
    >Something as simple as a Palm terminal emulator has been elusive.

    Have you managed to find a hierarchical DB for WinCE?

    I use something called BrainForest on my Palm and have so much
    stuff in it's DBs that it would keep me from switching without a
    functional replacement.

    The PC version of MS Word's "Outline" view would do everything I
    need to do in that respect - but it's not available on the
    palmtop versions of Word that I've seen so far.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  11. Re: TX replacement?

    Thanks for all the replies. I noticed in the Sunday paper, both Staples
    and Buy.com is selling the TX for $199 (after rebate). Sounds like they
    are trying to get down inventory.

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > Per mike:
    >> For anything past the stuff that's
    >> on the screen when you get it, I find the wince machines much easier to
    >> deal with. Just try to find a freeware VOIP client for a palm.
    >> Something as simple as a Palm terminal emulator has been elusive.

    > Have you managed to find a hierarchical DB for WinCE?
    >
    > I use something called BrainForest on my Palm and have so much
    > stuff in it's DBs that it would keep me from switching without a
    > functional replacement.
    >
    > The PC version of MS Word's "Outline" view would do everything I
    > need to do in that respect - but it's not available on the
    > palmtop versions of Word that I've seen so far.

  12. Re: TX replacement?

    "DervMan" wrote in news:475c6215$0$8422$db0fefd9
    @news.zen.co.uk:

    > Aye. For me, PalmOS 4.x is as effective as 5.x, as I've found when
    > "downgrading" from the T3 to the Clie. I don't need power features, so
    > PalmOS may well be dead, but it doesn't matter.

    Exactly. But there's still a little life left, the Palm Centro seems to
    be doing pretty well.

    My phone and main PDA is a Samsung I500. I don't see getting rid of it
    anytime soon.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  13. Re: TX replacement?

    mike wrote in news:8BZ6j.5173$3s1.3014@trnddc06:

    > I suppose if you never want more software than exists today.
    > Little incentive for developers to write code for a dead OS.
    > Don't know if it's a direct cause, but I'm finding used Palm PDA's
    > selling at much lower prices than WM devices.

    I guess people like their blue screens of death displayed on both their
    computers *and* their PDAs. A little less startling that way.

    I like the Palm OS because it's simple and it just works -- and there are
    *how* many thousands of programs out there for Palm OS machines?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  14. Re: TX replacement?

    "Lou Lipnickey" wrote in message
    >I was all set to put the Palm TX on my Christmas list and then I noticed a $100
    >rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg.
    > Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    > If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks
    > Lou

    I've also noticed the discounts on the TX, and Palm does not reveal its plans until
    the release. Let's hope it means a new PDA Palm PDA.

    Adam

  15. Re: TX replacement?

    On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 21:34:29 GMT, mike wrote:

    >Isn't the Palm OS dead?

    That depends on what your definition of "dead" is -- the PalmOS still
    has thousands of applications available for it and is generally easier
    to use than other mobile OSes.

    >Can the TX take an SDHC card? If not, you're limited to a more
    >expensive/less avaialable non-standard card.

    The TX takes standard SD cards which are cheaper than SDHC cards. I
    have several 2GB SD cards which I use with my TX.

    >How many times was 1000 minutes of MP3's not enough and 4000 minutes
    >would have siginificantly improved the quality of your life?
    >And does your battery last more than 1000 minutes anyway?
    >I find a tiny dedicated mp3 player to be superior on all counts.

    And an iPod with 30GB of storage is better than both. But if you want
    to watch video on a larger screen, a TX with a large SD card and TCPMP
    installed will give you an experience which rivals that of an iPhone
    or iPod Touch.

    >Wifi can be useful if you kill a lot of time in places with open
    >access points. My experience has been that the few times I wished
    >I had access, all the available access points were closed.

    I have wifi at home, a couple of spots downtown where I can connect to
    hotspots and a Bluetooth connection between my TX and my phone. It all
    adds up to being able to go online anywhere. It all adds up to a
    really nice experience.
    --
    Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net

  16. Re: TX replacement?

    On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 17:02:26 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
    wrote:

    >The other thing that I keep hearing is that the memory works
    >differently - somebody who actually knows something will have to
    >amplify on that - but it seems to degrade Graffiti entry.

    Beginning with the Treo 650 and Tungsten T5, Palm went with a new type
    of memory architecture called "Non-volatile File System" (NVFS) which
    had the advantage of allowing your data to survive a dead battery. The
    disadvantage was that it was buggy and slow. Palm has been gradually
    cleaning up the NVFS bugs so that I don't really notice them much on
    my current devices. (My Treo 680 has some occasional lag and my TX
    doesn't seem to have any lag at all.) I haven't noticed any problems
    with Graffiti entry on my TX. My LifeDrive had some problems, mostly
    because it was noticeably slower than any Palm PDA or cellphone that I
    had ever used but even with the LD, I didn't encounter any problems.
    --
    "It's a long story. And it ends with me on the roof of a goddamned nuthouse
    on Route 128 doing a one-man tribute to the Three Stooges."

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net

  17. Re: TX replacement?

    On Dec 10, 1:33 am, Zombie Elvis
    wrote:
    > The TX takes standard SD cards which are cheaper than SDHC cards. I
    > have several 2GB SD cards which I use with my TX.

    > And an iPod with 30GB of storage is better than both. But if you want
    > to watch video on a larger screen, a TX with a large SD card and TCPMP
    > installed will give you an experience which rivals that of an iPhone
    > or iPod Touch.

    > I have wifi at home, a couple of spots downtown where I can connect to
    > hotspots and a Bluetooth connection between my TX and my phone. It all
    > adds up to being able to go online anywhere. It all adds up to a
    > really nice experience.

    Here Here!!! I've had my T/X for nearly 2 years and LOVE it! My most
    common activity is watching movies and TV shows while I work out --
    and yes, the big screen and sound rival the iPod Touch. Not as "cool"
    -- but also way less expensive, and I think it's more versitile. I
    use 4GB SD cards for plenty of music and video storage, and have a
    home WiFi network so I can check my email anywhere in or around my
    house with VersaMail. Web browsing is a mixed bag experience using
    Blazer ... but it's better than nothing if you're away from a real
    computer somewhere with public WiFi access. Pocket Tunes works great
    for me as an MP3 Player. And finally, I've got dozens and dozen of
    fansastic free games and utilities that I've collected over my years
    of Palm use -- and there are thousands of others to choose from
    online. I really do hope that Palm doesn't kill the stand-alone PDA
    line. I like having a separate cell phone, and would not want to be
    locked into paying a monthly fee for my Palm experience.

  18. Re: TX replacement?

    On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:53:49 -0800, "Adam Helberg"
    wrote:

    >"Lou Lipnickey" wrote in message
    >>I was all set to put the Palm TX on my Christmas list and then I noticed a $100
    >>rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg.
    >> Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    >> If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks
    >> Lou

    >I've also noticed the discounts on the TX, and Palm does not reveal its plans until
    >the release. Let's hope it means a new PDA Palm PDA.
    >
    >Adam

    Taking into account how stupid Palm is, they would bring a new unit
    out just after the holidays in order to maximize loss of revenue.

    I've pretty much had it with Palm. Let's face it - they haven't done
    **** to their OS in years. They've totally ****ed up getting out a
    Vista compatible conduit and desktop manager (that isn't a **** beta)
    and that's almost a year late. Not only have they screwed themselves
    on this, but the scores of developers who really can't progress with
    product development until this happens. So, if YOU were a developer,
    how much would you trust Palm to come through down the pike? I know
    I'd be writing my next app for Windows Mobile or RIM's OS.

    They make phones for soccer mom's and could care less about us anymore
    - their loyal customer base who actually use the OS and applications
    that have been written and developed for it over the many years.

    I've used a Palm OS device since the days of the first Visor's and
    Palm V's.

    I still use a T/X. I'm not unhappy with the device. But I would NOT
    venture into Vista territory if you are going to go down the Palm
    road. It is highly unstable at this point.

    I am starting to like what I see happening in the Blackberry world.
    Lots of apps starting to appear and corporate America has taken to it
    like flies to a picnic.

    Palm needs to get their **** together and they need to do it quickly.

    Maybe it's too late for them.

    Personally, I don't really care. By the time I'm ready for my next
    device, I'll be moving to a Blackberry. I figure that's 6 months away
    or so.

    I'll probably be reading about Palm's bankruptcy on my new Blackberry

  19. Re: TX replacement?

    "Li RM" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:53:49 -0800, "Adam Helberg"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Lou Lipnickey" wrote in message
    >>>I was all set to put the Palm TX on my Christmas list and then I noticed a $100
    >>>rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg.
    >>> Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    >>> If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks
    >>> Lou

    >>I've also noticed the discounts on the TX, and Palm does not reveal its plans until
    >>the release. Let's hope it means a new PDA Palm PDA.
    >>
    >>Adam
    >>

    > Taking into account how stupid Palm is, they would bring a new unit
    > out just after the holidays in order to maximize loss of revenue.
    >
    > I've pretty much had it with Palm. Let's face it - they haven't done
    > **** to their OS in years. They've totally ****ed up getting out a
    > Vista compatible conduit and desktop manager (that isn't a **** beta)
    > and that's almost a year late. Not only have they screwed themselves
    > on this, but the scores of developers who really can't progress with
    > product development until this happens. So, if YOU were a developer,
    > how much would you trust Palm to come through down the pike? I know
    > I'd be writing my next app for Windows Mobile or RIM's OS.
    >
    > They make phones for soccer mom's and could care less about us anymore
    > - their loyal customer base who actually use the OS and applications
    > that have been written and developed for it over the many years.
    >
    > I've used a Palm OS device since the days of the first Visor's and
    > Palm V's.
    >
    > I still use a T/X. I'm not unhappy with the device. But I would NOT
    > venture into Vista territory if you are going to go down the Palm
    > road. It is highly unstable at this point.
    >
    > I am starting to like what I see happening in the Blackberry world.
    > Lots of apps starting to appear and corporate America has taken to it
    > like flies to a picnic.
    >
    > Palm needs to get their **** together and they need to do it quickly.
    >
    > Maybe it's too late for them.
    >
    > Personally, I don't really care. By the time I'm ready for my next
    > device, I'll be moving to a Blackberry. I figure that's 6 months away
    > or so.
    >
    > I'll probably be reading about Palm's bankruptcy on my new Blackberry

    I was saddened to see software for the discontinued Foleo on the Teal website. That
    must have been a big blow, to write software and have the unit discontinued.

    Nevertheless I don't think Palm will go into bankruptcy, just become a much smaller
    player.

    Adam

  20. Re: TX replacement?

    Adam Helberg wrote:
    >Nevertheless I don't think Palm will go into bankruptcy, just become a much smaller
    >player.

    WHATEVER, They are dead.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader