TX replacement? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX replacement? - Palmtop ; On 2007-12-17, Li RM wrote: > On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:53:49 -0800, "Adam Helberg" > wrote: > >> >>"Lou Lipnickey" wrote in message >>news:13lo9djp11ng9b9@corp.supernews.com... >>>I was all set to put the Palm TX on my Christmas list and then ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: TX replacement?

    On 2007-12-17, Li RM wrote:
    > On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:53:49 -0800, "Adam Helberg"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Lou Lipnickey" wrote in message
    >>>I was all set to put the Palm TX on my Christmas list and then I noticed a $100
    >>>rebate offer (last week) at jandr and a discounted price at newegg.
    >>> Does this mean that a replacement will appear after the holidays?
    >>> If anyone has info or opinion, it would be appreciated. thanks
    >>> Lou

    >>I've also noticed the discounts on the TX, and Palm does not reveal its plans until
    >>the release. Let's hope it means a new PDA Palm PDA.
    >>
    >>Adam
    >>

    >snip
    > I am starting to like what I see happening in the Blackberry world.
    > Lots of apps starting to appear and corporate America has taken to it
    > like flies to a picnic.

    You need to pay a subscription for a blackberry though, no?

    --
    -Toby

  2. Re: TX replacement?

    In article , Gil Baron
    wrote:

    > Adam Helberg wrote:
    > >Nevertheless I don't think Palm will go into bankruptcy, just become a much
    > >smaller
    > >player.

    > WHATEVER, They are dead.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ao?s=PALM

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=PALM

    not a picture of robust health, but better than I expected from a 'dead'
    company.

    --
    I do the best I can, but I could be wrong.
    please post reply to newsgroup.

  3. Re: TX replacement?

    "David" wrote in message news:T_Q9j.8726$DO.443@trndny08...
    > In article , Gil Baron
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Adam Helberg wrote:
    >> >Nevertheless I don't think Palm will go into bankruptcy, just become a much
    >> >smaller
    >> >player.

    >> WHATEVER, They are dead.

    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ao?s=PALM
    >
    > http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=PALM
    >
    > not a picture of robust health, but better than I expected from a 'dead'
    > company.

    What the analysts say is meaningless. It's a shrinking company and doesn't need 1200
    employees. I would not want to be on their payroll.

    The best that could happen is for it to be bought out.

    Adam

  4. Re: TX replacement?

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:00:01 +0000, Toby Newman
    wrote:

    >On 2007-12-17, Li RM wrote:
    >> On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:53:49 -0800, "Adam Helberg"
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Lou Lipnickey" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>I've also noticed the discounts on the TX, and Palm does not reveal its plans until
    >>>the release. Let's hope it means a new PDA Palm PDA.
    >>>
    >>>Adam
    >>>

    >>snip
    >> I am starting to like what I see happening in the Blackberry world.
    >> Lots of apps starting to appear and corporate America has taken to it
    >> like flies to a picnic.
    >>

    >You need to pay a subscription for a blackberry though, no?

    As far as I know, yes.

    But what I know is little at this point.

    In the Palm world, there were and are ways around paying for data
    access depending on the type of device and who your provider was (is).

    I haven't looked at the Blackberry's this closely yet.

    I bet some of the more popular cell phone sites like Howards,
    Phonescoop or Brighthand, etc should have some good info posted in the
    user forums.

  5. Re: TX replacement?

    On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:22:29 -0800, "Adam Helberg"
    wrote:

    >"David" wrote in message news:T_Q9j.8726$DO.443@trndny08...
    >> In article , Gil Baron
    >> wrote:

    >>> WHATEVER, They are dead.

    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ao?s=PALM
    >>
    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=PALM
    >>
    >> not a picture of robust health, but better than I expected from a 'dead'
    >> company.

    >What the analysts say is meaningless. It's a shrinking company and doesn't need 1200
    >employees. I would not want to be on their payroll.
    >
    >The best that could happen is for it to be bought out.
    >
    >Adam

    I've seen more than a couple of posts about shorting Palm stock.

    Personally, I can't comment on how viable this is.

    Maybe someone familiar with the process can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2