Docs To Go 8 and Vista? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Docs To Go 8 and Vista? - Palmtop ; On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 05:42:40 -0800 (PST), Andrew Wong wrote: >On Nov 14, 8:11 am, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote: >> Is Docs To Go v8 (8.003) compatible with Vista? If not, is the current >> version still compatible with Office ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Docs To Go 8 and Vista?

    wrote:

    >On Nov 14, 8:11 am, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    >> Is Docs To Go v8 (8.003) compatible with Vista? If not, is the current
    >> version still compatible with Office 2000?

    >I don't have DTG v8, but I have managed to get the following set-up
    >working successfully on a new PC:
    >
    >Windows Vista Home Premium
    >Palm Desktop 6.2 Beta (v6.2.1)
    >Palm T3
    >Documents To Go 7.006
    >Office Home and Student 2007
    >
    >The Palm website says 6.2 Beta is "not compatible" with the T3, but I
    >didn't seem to have any problems getting it to work.
    >
    >I did come across one quirk, which is that after installing DTG, I
    >would get the error "Method 'All' of object 'CommandBarControls'
    >failed" every time I started Excel 2007. I fixed this by deleting the
    >key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\E xcel\Options
    >\OPEN from the registry.
    >
    >Oh yeah, and some time after this initial setup, DTG stopped syncing
    >correctly. I had to reinstall DTG to get it syncing again. But so far
    >it's still working...
    >
    >Anyway, in answer to your question, I don't know if 8.003 is
    >compatible with Vista, but 7.006 seems to work, so there's a very good
    >chance 8.003 will.
    >
    >And you can see for yourself on this page that Office 2000 is still
    >supported: http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...techspecs.html
    >
    >Andrew

    This isn't "working".

    It's a kluge fix at best.

    Note that there are many problems associated with Palm's 6.2 beta
    under Vista.

    If you want a stable platform, go back to XP.

    Not for nuthin', but they are called beta's for a reason.

  2. Re: Docs To Go 8 and Vista?

    On Dec 22, 12:59 am, Li RM wrote:
    > This isn't "working".

    Well, it's "working" for me.

    > It's a kluge fix at best.
    >
    > Note that there are many problems associated with Palm's 6.2 beta
    > under Vista.

    I haven't come across them. I installed 6.2 beta under Vista. It
    installed, it runs, it HotSyncs.

    The original poster was asking if DTG 8 is compatible with Vista. My
    reply was to point out that DTG 7 seems to be, so there is a good
    chance that DTG 8 is as well.

    > If you want a stable platform, go back to XP.

    Thanks, but I won't be doing that.

    Andrew

  3. Re: Docs To Go 8 and Vista?

    On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 23:25:09 -0800 (PST), Andrew Wong
    wrote:

    >On Dec 22, 12:59 am, Li RM wrote:
    >> This isn't "working".

    >Well, it's "working" for me.
    >
    >> It's a kluge fix at best.
    >>
    >> Note that there are many problems associated with Palm's 6.2 beta
    >> under Vista.

    >I haven't come across them. I installed 6.2 beta under Vista. It
    >installed, it runs, it HotSyncs.

    Because you haven't run across them doesn't mean they don't exist.

    See some of my previous posts in this forum for more information,
    including many issues with Dataviz's other products. Note that I
    don't fault Dataviz - they make a fine product. The finger is pointed
    at Palm for a year into the Vista game still not having a stable
    desktop product out, thereby limiting what other vendors can and
    cannot do.

    >The original poster was asking if DTG 8 is compatible with Vista. My
    >reply was to point out that DTG 7 seems to be, so there is a good
    >chance that DTG 8 is as well.
    >
    >> If you want a stable platform, go back to XP.

    >Thanks, but I won't be doing that.

    Neither will I as I have to support the Vista environment ultimately
    and it isn't going away.

    But it's best to give others the entire picture and let them make
    educated choices with all of the information.

    The point being it's unlikely that Docs To Go is going to be the only
    product they wind up installing.

    >Andrew

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2