SD card size on a TX - Palmtop

This is a discussion on SD card size on a TX - Palmtop ; I'm thinking about about upgrading from my m505 to a new TX or lifedrive. I've looked on the Palm web site but can find no information about the bigest sd card that these palms can use. As palm sell 2GB ...

  1. SD card size on a TX

    I'm thinking about about upgrading from my m505 to a new TX or
    lifedrive. I've looked on the Palm web site but can find no
    information about the bigest sd card that these palms can use. As palm
    sell 2GB cards I assume that it must support atleast 2gb, but what
    about 4gb cards, mini sd cards and sdhd cards?
    Does anyone know?

  2. Re: SD card size on a TX

    On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:19:19 -0000, BorisTheBold
    wrote:

    >I'm thinking about about upgrading from my m505 to a new TX or
    >lifedrive. I've looked on the Palm web site but can find no
    >information about the bigest sd card that these palms can use. As palm
    >sell 2GB cards I assume that it must support atleast 2gb, but what
    >about 4gb cards, mini sd cards and sdhd cards?
    >Does anyone know?

    No to Mini SD (although I'm not sure about those in SD-sized adapters)
    or SDHC (not sdhd), but TXs can support up to 4GB of standard SD
    cards, formatted as FAT32 volumes. I've been happily using a
    Transcend 150x 4GB card for months. {ProfJonathan}

  3. Re: SD card size on a TX

    In message <7kgui3l9q17fk6ite5lteucqt77at5i7v8@4ax.com> Prof. Jonathan
    I. Ezor wrote:

    >No to Mini SD (although I'm not sure about those in SD-sized adapters)
    >or SDHC (not sdhd), but TXs can support up to 4GB of standard SD
    >cards, formatted as FAT32 volumes. I've been happily using a
    >Transcend 150x 4GB card for months. {ProfJonathan}

    SD-sized adapters do work on the T|X.

    --
    You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.

  4. Re: SD card size on a TX

    In article <1194275959.836358.119220@o80g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    BorisTheBold wrote:

    > I'm thinking about about upgrading from my m505 to a new TX or
    > lifedrive. I've looked on the Palm web site but can find no
    > information about the bigest sd card that these palms can use. As palm
    > sell 2GB cards I assume that it must support atleast 2gb, but what
    > about 4gb cards, mini sd cards and sdhd cards?
    > Does anyone know?

    Yes, someone knows.

    --
    Our enemies shall talk themselves to death, and
    we will bury them with their own confusion.

  5. Re: SD card size on a TX

    BorisTheBold wrote:
    > I'm thinking about about upgrading from my m505 to a new TX or
    > lifedrive. I've looked on the Palm web site but can find no
    > information about the bigest sd card that these palms can use. As palm
    > sell 2GB cards I assume that it must support atleast 2gb, but what
    > about 4gb cards, mini sd cards and sdhd cards?
    > Does anyone know?

    Yes, I do [for the TX]. /PaulN

    P.S. 4GB SD = OK. SDHC = nope. SDHD = I think this is the same as SDHC but I
    am not sure.

  6. Re: SD card size on a TX

    On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 11:22:08AM -0500, Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor wrote:

    > No to Mini SD (although I'm not sure about those in SD-sized adapters)

    Mini-SD cards in an adapter *do* work in modern Palms. I expect they'd
    work in any SD-equipped Palm, as the whole point of the adapter is to
    make the devices appear identical.

    What is the difference between hearing aliens through the
    fillings in your teeth and hearing Jesus in your heart?

+ Reply to Thread