m500 dead battery, now she can't sync, sync failed. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on m500 dead battery, now she can't sync, sync failed. - Palmtop ; It's been a while since my wife charged or synced her m500. The batteries went dead, and now she can't sync. I've tried every menu looking to set the Name of her Palm, but I can't find how to set ...

  1. m500 dead battery, now she can't sync, sync failed.

    It's been a while since my wife charged or synced her m500. The batteries
    went dead, and now she can't sync. I've tried every menu looking to set the
    Name of her Palm, but I can't find how to set the name.

    My daughter is able to sync her m500 on the same computer & cradle, so I
    know the sync works. We're using HotSync Manager 4.1.0. I sync my m500 on
    a different computer using the same versions of all our software.

    The error message in the Palm sync log says:

    "HotSync operation was terminated.
    Some of your data was NOT backed up.
    An application on the PC failed to
    respond to a confirmation query. This
    application may need to be restarted."

    I tried a hard reset after the battery was fully charged, but it didn't
    help. I appreciate your suggestions.

  2. Re: m500 dead battery, now she can't sync, sync failed.

    WDS wrote...

    > It's been a while since my wife charged or synced her m500.
    > The batteries went dead, and now she can't sync. I've
    > tried every menu looking to set the Name of her Palm, but I
    > can't find how to set the name.
    >
    > My daughter is able to sync her m500 on the same computer &
    > cradle, so I know the sync works. We're using HotSync
    > Manager 4.1.0. I sync my m500 on a different computer
    > using the same versions of all our software.
    >
    > The error message in the Palm sync log says:
    >
    > "HotSync operation was terminated.
    > Some of your data was NOT backed up.
    > An application on the PC failed to
    > respond to a confirmation query. This
    > application may need to be restarted."
    >
    > I tried a hard reset after the battery was fully charged,
    > but it didn't help. I appreciate your suggestions.

    My husband's m500 also stopped syncing, though his battery
    hadn't run dead. My Palm syncs fine on his computer, his won't
    sync on my computer, though mine will. He gave up on it after
    trying everything he could think of to fix it. Now he backs up
    to an SD card and uses a card reader to put files (mostly
    books) onto his Palm. He's done the occasional sync to his
    laptop via IR, but it's too slow to want to do on a regular
    basis. Sorry 'bout that.

    -lisa

  3. Re: m500 dead battery, now she can't sync, sync failed.

    "lisa in mass." wrote:

    > My husband's m500 also stopped syncing, though his battery
    > hadn't run dead. My Palm syncs fine on his computer, his won't
    > sync on my computer, though mine will. He gave up on it after
    > trying everything he could think of to fix it. Now he backs up
    > to an SD card and uses a card reader to put files (mostly
    > books) onto his Palm. He's done the occasional sync to his
    > laptop via IR, but it's too slow to want to do on a regular
    > basis. Sorry 'bout that.

    Look on eBay. Good m500s (or the identical, except black, IBM c500s) are
    going for $20 to $30 including shipping.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

+ Reply to Thread