Palm TX and loopback - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX and loopback - Palmtop ; Does anyone know how I can get my TX to "loopback" please? WiFi works, I can get onto the net, but when I try to access sites on my LAN I end up on the routers setup page. moochers grassyarse. ...

  1. Palm TX and loopback

    Does anyone know how I can get my TX to "loopback" please?
    WiFi works, I can get onto the net, but when I try to access sites on my LAN
    I end up on the routers setup page.

    moochers grassyarse.

  2. Re: Palm TX and loopback

    BrianH¹© wrote:
    > Does anyone know how I can get my TX to "loopback" please?
    > WiFi works, I can get onto the net, but when I try to access sites on my LAN
    > I end up on the routers setup page.

    That's not really your TX's fault. Same thing happens to me if I use
    an Actiontec router to connect my LAN to the Internet instead of my
    Cisco 678. The Cisco knows to forward port 80 requests to my internal
    web host rather than its web page, but the Actiontec is less intelligent.

    You'll have to browse to the internal network address of your web
    server(s) rather than your external public IP, or get a different router.

  3. Re: Palm TX and loopback

    "Mark Olson" wrote in message
    > BrianH¹© wrote:
    > > Does anyone know how I can get my TX to "loopback" please?
    > > WiFi works, I can get onto the net, but when I try to access sites on my

    LAN
    > > I end up on the routers setup page.

    > That's not really your TX's fault. Same thing happens to me if I use
    > an Actiontec router to connect my LAN to the Internet instead of my
    > Cisco 678. The Cisco knows to forward port 80 requests to my internal
    > web host rather than its web page, but the Actiontec is less intelligent.
    >
    > You'll have to browse to the internal network address of your web
    > server(s) rather than your external public IP, or get a different router.

    Thanks, that gets me to the default site, but still leaves me unable to
    access the other hosted sites.
    No way of getting a Hosts file to work on the Palm then ?

    Thanks again