Treo 755p abbreviations - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 755p abbreviations - Palmtop ; I get the same behavior on my 700p (with ROM update). Hopefully this is very limited. I prefer TextPlus or something like it where I can control the word complete behavior. -- Regards, Doug -- Posted via a free Usenet ...

  1. Re: Treo 755p abbreviations

    --
    Regards,
    Doug

  2. Treo 755p abbreviations

    This happened on a Treo 755p. I noticed that typing "sec" + SPACE yields
    "second" and "secs" + SPACE is "seconds" but I couldn't find any other such
    abbreviations. Also, I couldn't find any web reference to this.

    Please give me some details and/or pointeers.

    Thanks, PaulN

  3. Re: Treo 755p abbreviations

    On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 10:45:33AM +0000, Paul Nevai wrote:

    > This happened on a Treo 755p. I noticed that typing "sec" + SPACE yields
    > "second" and "secs" + SPACE is "seconds" but I couldn't find any other such
    > abbreviations. Also, I couldn't find any web reference to this.

    On a 680, 'hse' (which of course means 'house' or 'health and safety
    executive') gets turned into 'she'. Palm's suggested fix for this bug
    is a hard reset, which seems ludicrous. If this is something that I (or
    the previous owner) set in Preferences, I can't find it now, and if it's
    built in I fail to see how a hard reset would fix it.

    'sec' behaves as you say on the 680 too - which is equally stupid, as
    'sec' is also an abbreviation for 'secretary'. This prevents me from
    writing a memo to myself about "demi sec champagne".

    --
    David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

    When one has bathed in Christ there is no need to bathe a second time
    -- St. Jerome, on why washing is a vile pagan practice
    in a letter to Heliodorus, 373 or 374 AD

+ Reply to Thread