Should I avoid plugged headphones on my Treo 680 ? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Should I avoid plugged headphones on my Treo 680 ? - Palmtop ; Hy everyone, I just bought a Treo 680 and was checking info on the proper headset (plugged via a 2.5" jack), when I found this : http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144715 Is it THAT bad ? Should I avoid it for ever ? Thanks ...

  1. Should I avoid plugged headphones on my Treo 680 ?

    Hy everyone,

    I just bought a Treo 680 and was checking info on the proper headset
    (plugged via a 2.5" jack), when I found this :

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144715

    Is it THAT bad ? Should I avoid it for ever ?

    Thanks for your feedback ...

    Charly

  2. Re: Should I avoid plugged headphones on my Treo 680 ?

    Charly wrote:

    > Hy everyone,
    >
    > I just bought a Treo 680 and was checking info on the proper headset
    > (plugged via a 2.5" jack), when I found this :
    >
    > http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144715
    >
    > Is it THAT bad ? Should I avoid it for ever ?

    no, i dont think you should avoid it. Mine works fine.

    JonB

  3. Re: Should I avoid plugged headphones on my Treo 680 ?

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:39:40 +0200, Charly wrote:

    >Hy everyone,
    >
    >I just bought a Treo 680 and was checking info on the proper headset
    >(plugged via a 2.5" jack), when I found this :
    >
    >http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144715
    >
    >Is it THAT bad ? Should I avoid it for ever ?
    >
    >Thanks for your feedback ...

    I just tried using a wired headset with my Treo 680 (both the one that
    came with it and an old one I had lying around) and it worked just
    fine. My 680 is brand new however so your miles will vary. You might
    as well try it and find out for yourself.

  4. Re: Should I avoid plugged headphones on my Treo 680 ?

    Zombie Elvis wrote :
    > I just tried using a wired headset with my Treo 680 (both the one that
    > came with it and an old one I had lying around) and it worked just
    > fine. My 680 is brand new however so your miles will vary. You might
    > as well try it and find out for yourself.

    Thanks. I did try it, with both the "wired phone headset" that came with
    the device and a stereo headphone. Both did work...

    After reading the forum, I thought that in time the jack outlet will
    stop functioning...

    Charly

  5. Re: Should I avoid plugged headphones on my Treo 680 ?

    Charly wrote:
    > Zombie Elvis wrote :
    >> I just tried using a wired headset with my Treo 680 (both the one that
    >> came with it and an old one I had lying around) and it worked just
    >> fine. My 680 is brand new however so your miles will vary. You might
    >> as well try it and find out for yourself.

    > Thanks. I did try it, with both the "wired phone headset" that came with
    > the device and a stereo headphone. Both did work...
    >
    > After reading the forum, I thought that in time the jack outlet will
    > stop functioning...

    That is somewhat true. It did happen on my old 650, but that was
    actually just pocket lint that had crawled into the phone. After
    cleaning it out, it worked again.

    JonB

+ Reply to Thread