I recently had a problem with my T3's status bar going dead,
which necessitated a hard reset. Actually, I had to reset it
several times, as sometimes restoring files resulted in a dead
status bar once again, sometimes not. However, what's really odd
is that doing a "hard" reset, pressing the nav button up when
asked if I wanted to lose all data, sometimes resulted in my
data being deleted, sometimes not. Even when my programs and
data were left intact, my sound settings under Prefs were
changed, so I know it did something, and the dead status bar
problem resolved.

Is this the beginning of the end for my old trustworthy T3, or
just a weird phenomenon that I hadn't heard about? I've
certainly never heard of a partial hard reset before.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

-lisa