Com port problem - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Com port problem - Palmtop ; When I boot up my PC which has Palm Desktop (Win Xp pro), I get the message: "The selected port COM 5 is not available at this time. Hotsync Manager will open the port when it becomes available" How do ...

  1. Com port problem

    When I boot up my PC which has Palm Desktop (Win Xp pro), I get the message:
    "The selected port COM 5 is not available at this time. Hotsync Manager will
    open the port when it becomes available"
    How do I fix it?
    Mick

  2. Re: Com port problem

    1)Assuming you are using USB to sync:

    Right click the hotsync icon in the systray. Click the word local to
    uncheck it.

    2)Assuming you are using serial :

    Open Palm Desktop, click on Setup under the Hotsync tab. Click on the Local
    tab, choose another Com port.

    --
    "The human adventure is just beginning"

    "ziz" wrote in message
    > When I boot up my PC which has Palm Desktop (Win Xp pro), I get the
    > message:
    > "The selected port COM 5 is not available at this time. Hotsync Manager
    > will open the port when it becomes available"
    > How do I fix it?
    > Mick

  3. Re: Com port problem

    Many thanks.
    Mick
    "C0mdrData" wrote in message
    > 1)Assuming you are using USB to sync:
    >
    > Right click the hotsync icon in the systray. Click the word local to
    > uncheck it.
    >
    > 2)Assuming you are using serial :
    >
    > Open Palm Desktop, click on Setup under the Hotsync tab. Click on the
    > Local tab, choose another Com port.
    >

    > --
    > "The human adventure is just beginning"
    >
    > "ziz" wrote in message
    >> When I boot up my PC which has Palm Desktop (Win Xp pro), I get the
    >> message:
    >> "The selected port COM 5 is not available at this time. Hotsync Manager
    >> will open the port when it becomes available"
    >> How do I fix it?
    >> Mick

+ Reply to Thread