Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice... - Palmtop ; Perhaps someone can help?? The info from PalmOne on 'using the disc that came with the Treo' is of little use so far... Aside from PalmOne's take on this, maybe someone with real world experience can offer some assistance?? I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

  1. Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    Perhaps someone can help?? The info from PalmOne on 'using the disc that
    came with the Treo' is of little use so far... Aside from PalmOne's take on
    this, maybe someone with real world experience can offer some assistance??


    I have tried tirelessly to synch my Treo650 with my FW800 G4 and it seems
    that I have nothing but headaches. I had minimal success with Palm Desktop
    but I would like to have the Palm synch properly with iCal and Entourage
    also. I've tried Missing Sync and also had limited scuccess...

    If any of you have sync'd your Palm/Treo successfully with your mac using
    Tiger 10.4.10, please advise me as to how you did this. I'm having thoughts
    of networking my old 9600 for the task through OS9...

    Thanks!
    Andrew



  2. Re: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    AWN wrote:
    > If any of you have sync'd your Palm/Treo successfully with your mac using
    > Tiger 10.4.10, please advise me as to how you did this. I'm having thoughts
    > of networking my old 9600 for the task through OS9...


    Missing Sync + OS X 10.4.10 + Treo 775p and Palm TX work perfectly for me.
    /PaulN

  3. Re: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    Paul,

    Thanks for the comments. Which version of Missing Sync are you using? Did
    you install PalmDesktop also or no??
    Thanks.
    Andrew.



    On 10/8/07 5:33 PM, in article fee7nj$1tu$1@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu,
    "Paul Nevai" wrote:

    > AWN wrote:
    >> If any of you have sync'd your Palm/Treo successfully with your mac using
    >> Tiger 10.4.10, please advise me as to how you did this. I'm having thoughts
    >> of networking my old 9600 for the task through OS9...

    >
    > Missing Sync + OS X 10.4.10 + Treo 775p and Palm TX work perfectly for me.
    > /PaulN



  4. Re: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    AWN wrote:

    > If any of you have sync'd your Palm/Treo successfully with your mac using
    > Tiger 10.4.10, please advise me as to how you did this. I'm having thoughts
    > of networking my old 9600 for the task through OS9...


    I sync my Treo 650 with my MacBook using Missing Sync but in order to
    remove possible duplicates, I use unDupe as well.

    Furthermore, I sync through the Address Book and iCal. And I no longer
    use the Entourage Calendar as the synchronization seem faulty. I have
    even witnessed that all Entourage appointments vanished in iCal while I
    watched it. They didn't vanish in Entourage, and when I synchronized
    again, they came back in iCal but were doubled in Entourage.

    Perpaps, this will improve with the new Entourage 2008.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  5. Re: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 01:02:24PM -0400, AWN wrote:

    > I have tried tirelessly to synch my Treo650 with my FW800 G4 and it seems
    > that I have nothing but headaches. I had minimal success with Palm Desktop
    > but I would like to have the Palm synch properly with iCal and Entourage
    > also. I've tried Missing Sync and also had limited scuccess...


    Syncing a 680 with OS X 10.4.10 certainly works well for me. At least,
    it does using Palm Desktop. Not bothered with iCal or Entourage.

    --
    David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

    When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life
    -- Samuel Johnson

  6. Re: *David* Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...


    David,

    Thank-you. Which version of Palm Desktop did you use? Did you install
    HotSync separately or just with the PD installer?

    Thanks.
    Andrew.


    On 10/9/07 7:18 AM, in article
    20071009111817.GA8032@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk, "David Cantrell"
    wrote:

    > On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 01:02:24PM -0400, AWN wrote:
    >
    >> I have tried tirelessly to synch my Treo650 with my FW800 G4 and it seems
    >> that I have nothing but headaches. I had minimal success with Palm Desktop
    >> but I would like to have the Palm synch properly with iCal and Entourage
    >> also. I've tried Missing Sync and also had limited scuccess...

    >
    > Syncing a 680 with OS X 10.4.10 certainly works well for me. At least,
    > it does using Palm Desktop. Not bothered with iCal or Entourage.



  7. Re: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    Which version of Missing Sync are you using? Are you using isync as well to
    provide ical synchronization??

    Thanks!
    Andrew.


    On 10/9/07 5:46 AM, in article 1i5prui.1t22r7lrxm3vuN%per@RQNNE.invalid,
    "Per Rønne" wrote:

    > AWN wrote:
    >
    >> If any of you have sync'd your Palm/Treo successfully with your mac using
    >> Tiger 10.4.10, please advise me as to how you did this. I'm having thoughts
    >> of networking my old 9600 for the task through OS9...

    >
    > I sync my Treo 650 with my MacBook using Missing Sync but in order to
    > remove possible duplicates, I use unDupe as well.
    >
    > Furthermore, I sync through the Address Book and iCal. And I no longer
    > use the Entourage Calendar as the synchronization seem faulty. I have
    > even witnessed that all Entourage appointments vanished in iCal while I
    > watched it. They didn't vanish in Entourage, and when I synchronized
    > again, they came back in iCal but were doubled in Entourage.
    >
    > Perpaps, this will improve with the new Entourage 2008.



  8. Re: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    AWN wrote:

    > On 10/9/07 5:46 AM, in article 1i5prui.1t22r7lrxm3vuN%per@RQNNE.invalid,
    > "Per Rønne" wrote:
    >
    > > AWN wrote:
    > >
    > >> If any of you have sync'd your Palm/Treo successfully with your mac using
    > >> Tiger 10.4.10, please advise me as to how you did this. I'm having
    > >> thoughts of networking my old 9600 for the task through OS9...

    > >
    > > I sync my Treo 650 with my MacBook using Missing Sync but in order to
    > > remove possible duplicates, I use unDupe as well.
    > >
    > > Furthermore, I sync through the Address Book and iCal. And I no longer
    > > use the Entourage Calendar as the synchronization seem faulty. I have
    > > even witnessed that all Entourage appointments vanished in iCal while I
    > > watched it. They didn't vanish in Entourage, and when I synchronized
    > > again, they came back in iCal but were doubled in Entourage.
    > >
    > > Perpaps, this will improve with the new Entourage 2008.


    > Which version of Missing Sync are you using?


    The latest.

    > Are you using isync as well to provide ical synchronization??


    The one the installation gives. It seems to be the Mark/Space Events
    Conduit.

    And, btw, i found out that the Entourage Conduit gave problems. But
    perhaps this will improve with Office 2008 - especially if the new
    Office version includes all facilities from iCal, calendar subscriptions
    etc included.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  9. Re: *David* Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 06:41:53AM -0400, AWN wrote:

    > Thank-you. Which version of Palm Desktop did you use? Did you install
    > HotSync separately or just with the PD installer?


    It's the one that came in the box with the Treo. And AFAIK I went
    with all the defaults and it Just Worked.

    If you need more details I can look 'em up for you.

    --
    David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

    It's my experience that neither users nor customers can articulate
    what it is they want, nor can they evaluate it when they see it
    -- Alan Cooper

  10. Re: Treo 650 and OSX 10.4.10 - sync advice...

    AWN wrote:
    > Thanks for the comments. Which version of Missing Sync are you using? Did
    > you install PalmDesktop also or no??


    5.1.12 built 140.

    PalmDesktop? Yes and no. Missing Sync deletes some of the components. The
    rest I have but I never use them. I only HotSync Palm ===> Mac.

    I heard that Missing Sync 6.xx initially had some problems. I haven't
    installed it yet.

    /Paul


+ Reply to Thread