Problems with Hotsync manager installation - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Problems with Hotsync manager installation - Palmtop ; Tech info: WinXP Pro, Office Pro, Outlook 2003, Tungsten T3. I've moved to a new laptop at work, and can't get the Desktop to completely install. I've downloaded Win414e.zip twice, to make sure I don't have a corrupt install file. ...

  1. Problems with Hotsync manager installation

    Tech info: WinXP Pro, Office Pro, Outlook 2003, Tungsten T3.

    I've moved to a new laptop at work, and can't get the Desktop to
    completely install. I've downloaded Win414e.zip twice, to make sure I
    don't have a corrupt install file. I've tried to install probably a
    dozen times.

    I've used the Desktop installation program to remove old
    installations, etc.

    Everything is kosher until the install reaches the Synchronization
    step. I get to the screen where it asks me to choose between Palm
    Desktop and Outlook. I click the Outlook button, hit NEXT, and -poof!-
    the installation program quits.

    I CAN Hotsync, but my Outlook stuff isn't going to the T3. The log
    doesn't even mention calendar or contacts. And none of my information
    is in the Palm Desktop.

    HELP!

    PLS

  2. Re: Problems with Hotsync manager installation

    In article <1190995480.809643.195170@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.c om>,
    plstepp wrote:

    > Tech info: WinXP Pro, Office Pro, Outlook 2003, Tungsten T3.
    >
    > I've moved to a new laptop at work, and can't get the Desktop to
    > completely install. I've downloaded Win414e.zip twice, to make sure I
    > don't have a corrupt install file. I've tried to install probably a
    > dozen times.
    >
    > I've used the Desktop installation program to remove old
    > installations, etc.
    >
    > Everything is kosher until the install reaches the Synchronization
    > step. I get to the screen where it asks me to choose between Palm
    > Desktop and Outlook. I click the Outlook button, hit NEXT, and -poof!-
    > the installation program quits.
    >
    > I CAN Hotsync, but my Outlook stuff isn't going to the T3. The log
    > doesn't even mention calendar or contacts. And none of my information
    > is in the Palm Desktop.

    Try submitting a tech support request via to Palm via their web site. It
    been ages since I used the Hot Sync manager on Windows XP, but when I
    did, they were very helpful in answering my questions.

+ Reply to Thread