Hot sync question please - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hot sync question please - Palmtop ; I own a Tungsten E that I used to use. I also own a z22 that I'm using now and is currently sync'd with all current information. I would like to try going back to the Tungsten E (but not ...

  1. Hot sync question please

    I own a Tungsten E that I used to use. I also own a z22 that I'm using now
    and is currently sync'd with all current information. I would like to try
    going back to the Tungsten E (but not lose the info in the z22). I want to
    make the Tungsten E's info current but do not want to lose the old info that
    is still in it. How can I setup the sync to do this (both devices have the
    same user name)? Should I set the hot sync, normal, computer overwrites the
    Palm, or some other way.

    Thanks in advance... Bob

  2. Re: Hot sync question please

    Not sure if this went through - hope this isn't duplicated ...

    Setting all the conduits to "computer overwrites palm" sounds like it
    would work. I would also make a copy of the "backup" directory - it's
    under the program files\palm\{hotsync-id} directory.

    You could also use a free utility called changeme to change the user
    name on the Tungsten E. You can get it here:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-755.html?ChangeMe.

    Dan

    On Sep 22, 7:55 am, "Bob Newman" wrote:
    > I own a Tungsten E that I used to use. I also own a z22 that I'm using now
    > and is currently sync'd with all current information. I would like to try
    > going back to the Tungsten E (but not lose the info in the z22). I want to
    > make the Tungsten E's info current but do not want to lose the old info that
    > is still in it. How can I setup the sync to do this (both devices have the
    > same user name)? Should I set the hot sync, normal, computer overwrites the
    > Palm, or some other way.
    >
    > Thanks in advance... Bob

+ Reply to Thread