Treo 700p - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 700p - Palmtop ; I have two problems: 1 - My Treo resets after I hot sync it to my desktop (Win XP). How do I resolve this? and 2 - I would like to upgrade my palm software but instructions say I have ...

  1. Treo 700p

    I have two problems:
    1 - My Treo resets after I hot sync it to my desktop (Win XP). How do
    I resolve this?
    and
    2 - I would like to upgrade my palm software but instructions say I
    have to format my expansion card. How do I do that if I do not have a
    card reader?
    Thanks, David

  2. Re: Treo 700p

    In article <1190114379.839656.261600@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    DMD31842 wrote:

    > I have two problems:
    > 1 - My Treo resets after I hot sync it to my desktop (Win XP). How do
    > I resolve this?

    I had this problem with my Treo and I reported it to Verizon, which is
    the supplier of my unit. This situation happened only about a week ago.
    We ended up doing a hard reset and it didn't help. I finally received a
    replacement Treo 700p from Verizon. Call the company who sold you your
    Treo to report the problem and see what they say. I have a monthly
    warranty package on my Treo, so I am sure that came into play.

    > 2 - I would like to upgrade my palm software but instructions say I
    > have to format my expansion card. How do I do that if I do not have a
    > card reader?

    I would presume you do it in the Treo, but if you can't, then buy a card
    reader for your computer (they're cheap) or borrow one from a friend.

  3. Re: Treo 700p

    On Sep 19, 6:10 am, Shawn Hirn wrote:
    > In article <1190114379.839656.261...@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.c om>,
    >
    > DMD31842 wrote:
    > > I have two problems:
    > > 1 - My Treo resets after I hot sync it to my desktop (Win XP). How do
    > > I resolve this?

    > I had this problem with my Treo and I reported it to Verizon, which is
    > the supplier of my unit. This situation happened only about a week ago.
    > We ended up doing a hard reset and it didn't help. I finally received a
    > replacement Treo 700p from Verizon. Call the company who sold you your
    > Treo to report the problem and see what they say. I have a monthly
    > warranty package on my Treo, so I am sure that came into play.
    >
    > > 2 - I would like to upgrade my palm software but instructions say I
    > > have to format my expansion card. How do I do that if I do not have a
    > > card reader?

    > I would presume you do it in the Treo, but if you can't, then buy a card
    > reader for your computer (they're cheap) or borrow one from a friend.

    Yup. I will do that. I formatted the expansion card, etc., but the
    download did not work anyway. I will take it to Sprint. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread