The key/button to use numerical pad is not sensitive anymore on Treo680. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on The key/button to use numerical pad is not sensitive anymore on Treo680. - Palmtop ; Hello! My father asked me if there was a way to fix the non-responding key/button (below &A key and left of *Z key at the bottom left of the keyboard area; http://mobilitytoday.com/vbmcms/images/ctreo680.jpg for an image of the specific model) to ...

  1. The key/button to use numerical pad is not sensitive anymore on Treo680.

    Hello!

    My father asked me if there was a way to fix the non-responding
    key/button (below &A key and left of *Z key at the bottom left of the
    keyboard area; http://mobilitytoday.com/vbmcms/images/ctreo680.jpg for
    an image of the specific model) to use numerical pad on a Palm Treo 680.
    He says it is not registering his pressings. He tried blowing air into
    it to see if there were any dusts stuck to block the pressings, but it
    only helped a little. Are there ways to fix this beside opening up the
    case (scary and risky) even though the warranty over?

    Maybe it is a software bug? I know my father uses his PDA every single
    day and most of the day (even when driving for the phone part -- yikes).

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "I once heard the survivors of a colony of ants that had been partially
    obliterated by a cow's foot seriously debating the intention of the gods
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  2. Re: The key/button to use numerical pad is not sensitive anymore on Treo 680.

    You might try a program called keycaps650 - http://www.geekandproud.net/software/keycaps650.php
    - it allows you to enter numbers by double-pressing the appropriate
    key - which should bypass his problem. You can also enter caps by
    pressing and holding a letter key.

    I am using it on a 755p, so don't be put off by the fact that it says
    it is for a 650 ...

    Good luck
    Dan

    On Sep 17, 10:01 pm, Ant wrote:

    > My father asked me if there was a way to fix the non-responding
    > key/button (below &A key and left of *Z key at the bottom left of the
    > keyboard area

  3. Re: The key/button to use numerical pad is not sensitive anymoreon Treo 680.

    Do I assume this is a workaround (making the result from patterns on a
    different button) and not an actual fix? Or am I missing something?

    On 9/18/2007 10:22 PM PT, kronstadt@gmail.com typed:

    --
    "Although you're a little ant, I won't bully you." --Sai Yuk from The
    Legend of Fong Sai Yuk movie (English subtitles)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  4. Re: The key/button to use numerical pad is not sensitive anymore on Treo 680.

    Yes - sorry - it is just a work-around - but, in my mind, it is BETTER
    than a fix. I use it even tho I don't have to ...

    Dan

    On Sep 19, 1:17 am, Ant wrote:
    > Do I assume this is a workaround (making the result from patterns on a
    > different button) and not an actual fix? Or am I missing something?

  5. Re: The key/button to use numerical pad is not sensitive anymoreon Treo 680.

    Yeah, I will keep that in mind if it gets worse. It works like 1 out of
    five chances.

    On 9/19/2007 5:21 PM PT, kronstadt@gmail.com typed:

    > Yes - sorry - it is just a work-around - but, in my mind, it is BETTER
    > than a fix. I use it even tho I don't have to ...
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > On Sep 19, 1:17 am, Ant wrote:
    >> Do I assume this is a workaround (making the result from patterns on a
    >> different button) and not an actual fix? Or am I missing something?

    --
    "We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury
    /\___/\