Development for PALM - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Development for PALM - Palmtop ; I like to write som programs for palm Don't like to use C, is there anyting, pref. free becuse i like to make freeware. // Anders...

  1. Development for PALM

    I like to write som programs for palm
    Don't like to use C, is there anyting,
    pref. free becuse i like to make freeware.

    // Anders

  2. Re: Development for PALM

    In article <1189493634.575995.251840@k79g2000hse.googlegroups. com>,
    anders says...

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  3. Re: Development for PALM

    On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 11:53:54PM -0700, anders wrote:

    > I like to write som programs for palm
    > Don't like to use C, is there anyting,
    > pref. free becuse i like to make freeware.

    Have you tried asking google?

    Irregular English:
    you have anecdotes; they have data; I have proof

  4. Re: Development for PALM

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:53:54 -0700, anders
    wrote:

    >I like to write som programs for palm
    >Don't like to use C, is there anyting,
    >pref. free becuse i like to make freeware.
    >
    >// Anders

    There isn't much free software for *serious* development - except in C
    or Pascal. There are several free Basic interpreters, but they are
    not fast and don't have an IDE to work in (it's all code - which can
    be harder to work with in an event-driven environment)

    If you want easy, then you pay for it ;-)

    NSBasic for the Palm ( http://www.nsbasic.com/palm ) is one of the
    easier development tools, since Basic is a (mostly) straightforward
    language. They have a very active support group on Yahoo and provide
    regular updates and discounted version upgrades (I started with
    version 1.something and it's now at 6.1.0)

    There's even an after-market book (now in it's second edition), which
    is definitely a good investment when starting out (even after using
    NSB/Palm for two years, I learned new things from the book).

    John

+ Reply to Thread