Treo 680 touchscreen problem - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 680 touchscreen problem - Palmtop ; I have a problem with my 680 and I hope someone can give me some helpful advice (please); When I press on the Palm case around the edge of the screen it is interpreted as a press on the screen. ...

  1. Treo 680 touchscreen problem

    I have a problem with my 680 and I hope someone can give me some helpful
    advice (please);

    When I press on the Palm case around the edge of the screen it is
    interpreted as a press on the screen. Therefore if I pick the unit up or
    inadvertently apply pressure to the side of the unit icons become activated
    on the screen.

    I slackened of the case screws and this helped a little, but I can't slacken
    them any more or you will see daylight between the 2 halves of the case.

    Is there anything I can do to improve this situation?

    Regards,

    Sandy.

  2. Re: Treo 680 touchscreen problem

    On 1 Sep, 09:32, "SWC" wrote:
    > I have a problem with my 680 and I hope someone can give me some helpful
    > advice (please);
    >
    > When I press on the Palm case around the edge of the screen it is
    > interpreted as a press on the screen. Therefore if I pick the unit up or
    > inadvertently apply pressure to the side of the unit icons become activated
    > on the screen.
    >
    > I slackened of the case screws and this helped a little, but I can't slacken
    > them any more or you will see daylight between the 2 halves of the case.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do to improve this situation?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sandy.

    On my Palm E2 it helps to calibrate the pointer,
    Om E2 it called Touchscreen under config...
    Test it have help me tim to time
    // Anders

+ Reply to Thread