TX Power Switch Problem - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX Power Switch Problem - Palmtop ; I've had my TX for almost a year, and love it. I'm just starting to notice a new problem with the Power Switch. After it's been on for a while, the switch often does not work -- I push it ...

  1. TX Power Switch Problem

    I've had my TX for almost a year, and love it. I'm just starting to
    notice a new problem with the Power Switch. After it's been on for a
    while, the switch often does not work -- I push it over and over and
    nothing happens. The TX stays powered on, and won't even turn itself
    off after the usual power-saver interval. The only way to turn it off
    is to do a soft re-set. Here's the weird part: after the re-set, the
    Power Switch suddenly works fine again! Pushing it immediately turns
    it off, just like it should. This makes me think it's a software
    problem, rather than a hardware failure in the actual switch. Any
    ideas???

  2. Re: TX Power Switch Problem

    mdspiro@gmail.com wrote:
    > I've had my TX for almost a year, and love it. I'm just starting to
    > notice a new problem with the Power Switch. After it's been on for a
    > while, the switch often does not work -- I push it over and over and
    > nothing happens. The TX stays powered on, and won't even turn itself
    > off after the usual power-saver interval. The only way to turn it off
    > is to do a soft re-set. Here's the weird part: after the re-set, the
    > Power Switch suddenly works fine again! Pushing it immediately turns
    > it off, just like it should. This makes me think it's a software
    > problem, rather than a hardware failure in the actual switch. Any
    > ideas???

    All TCs & TXs I know had the same problem. I suspected hardware failure.
    /PaulN

  3. Re: TX Power Switch Problem

    Use Au Dodo. Google audodo.zip and install, then assign the far right (Web?)
    button to be your on/off switch. Works fine for me. Regards, IanD.

    wrote in message
    news:1188573066.802173.105080@w3g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    > I've had my TX for almost a year, and love it. I'm just starting to
    > notice a new problem with the Power Switch. After it's been on for a
    > while, the switch often does not work -- I push it over and over and
    > nothing happens. The TX stays powered on, and won't even turn itself
    > off after the usual power-saver interval. The only way to turn it off
    > is to do a soft re-set. Here's the weird part: after the re-set, the
    > Power Switch suddenly works fine again! Pushing it immediately turns
    > it off, just like it should. This makes me think it's a software
    > problem, rather than a hardware failure in the actual switch. Any
    > ideas???

  4. Re: TX Power Switch Problem

    On Aug 31, 11:11 am, "mdsp...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > I've had my TX for almost a year, and love it. I'm just starting to
    > notice a new problem with the Power Switch. After it's been on for a
    > while, the switch often does not work -- I push it over and over and
    > nothing happens. The TX stays powered on, and won't even turn itself
    > off after the usual power-saver interval. The only way to turn it off
    > is to do a soft re-set. Here's the weird part: after the re-set, the
    > Power Switch suddenly works fine again! Pushing it immediately turns
    > it off, just like it should. This makes me think it's a software
    > problem, rather than a hardware failure in the actual switch. Any
    > ideas???

    If you are adventurous go to:

    www.pdaparts.com

    and watch the take apart video.

    You may have a dirty micro switch causing this. A small drip of
    Radio Shack contact cleaner may help the operation of the on-off
    switch, making it a more positive contact.

    Good luck.

    Fred in CT w/ Palm TX

+ Reply to Thread