Treo 650 vs 680 for reception? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 650 vs 680 for reception? - Palmtop ; I have used a Palm device for years and love my Treo 650, except for one little itsy teeny weenie thing - it sucks when trying to make a phone call. I've had several other phones all of which did ...

  1. Treo 650 vs 680 for reception?

    I have used a Palm device for years and love my Treo 650, except for
    one little itsy teeny weenie thing - it sucks when trying to make a
    phone call. I've had several other phones all of which did much
    better. They say the 680 has better reception. Can anyone verify or
    discount this claim?

    Thanks in advance... Bob

  2. Re: Treo 650 vs 680 for reception?

    On Aug 30, 2:45 pm, Bob wrote:
    > I have used a Palm device for years and love my Treo 650, except for
    > one little itsy teeny weenie thing - it sucks when trying to make a
    > phone call. I've had several other phones all of which did much
    > better. They say the 680 has better reception. Can anyone verify or
    > discount this claim?
    >
    > Thanks in advance... Bob

    I've had a Treo 680 for a couple of months now, and haven't had a
    single dropped call! However, the call quality is pretty bad. Never
    owned a 650, so I can't compare.

    Of course, I live in Denver, and you probably don't, so both quality
    and dropped calls would vary geographically.

  3. Re: Treo 650 vs 680 for reception?

    davegb wrote:

    > On Aug 30, 2:45 pm, Bob wrote:
    > > I have used a Palm device for years and love my Treo 650, except for
    > > one little itsy teeny weenie thing - it sucks when trying to make a
    > > phone call. I've had several other phones all of which did much
    > > better. They say the 680 has better reception. Can anyone verify or
    > > discount this claim?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance... Bob

    > I've had a Treo 680 for a couple of months now, and haven't had a
    > single dropped call! However, the call quality is pretty bad. Never
    > owned a 650, so I can't compare.
    >
    > Of course, I live in Denver, and you probably don't, so both quality
    > and dropped calls would vary geographically.

    I own a 650 and I have never had the problems mentioned. But I do live
    in Copenhagen, Denmark, and Europe is GSM, EDGE and 3G. Good coverage
    everywhere ... even in the Norwegian wilderness.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

+ Reply to Thread