Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX? - Palmtop ; Does anyone know if one of these cell phones will consistently do bluetooth file transfers to a Palm TX? samsung a717 motorola v3xx platinum motorola krzr sony ericsson w810i lg cu500v nokia 6126 cingular sync by samsung lg trax motorola ...

  1. Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX?

    Does anyone know if one of these cell phones will consistently do
    bluetooth file transfers to a Palm TX?

    samsung a717
    motorola v3xx platinum
    motorola krzr
    sony ericsson w810i
    lg cu500v
    nokia 6126
    cingular sync by samsung
    lg trax
    motorola v3xx gold

    I have a little Samsung phone now (it was an AT&T special), but it's
    getting to be time to lay this phone to rest, and I'd like to be able to
    do picture transfers with my next phone. The Samsung I have now does
    bluetooth file transfers - but only when it feels like it, which means
    "about 1 time in 100". ^_^

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX?

    Given the silence on the group, I'm beginning to suspect that there isn't
    good bluetooth interoperability between Palms and these cell phones.

    I did find some Palm documents about Ericsson and Nokia, and how they
    (will) work with Palms via Bluetooth, but it turned out that these phones
    are too expensive just to get bluetooh anyway.

    So I'm going to just try a MicroSD card instead - my old Samsung has a
    MicroSD card slot.

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:59:03 +0000, Dan Stromberg wrote:

    > Does anyone know if one of these cell phones will consistently do
    > bluetooth file transfers to a Palm TX?
    >
    > samsung a717
    > motorola v3xx platinum
    > motorola krzr
    > sony ericsson w810i
    > lg cu500v
    > nokia 6126
    > cingular sync by samsung
    > lg trax
    > motorola v3xx gold
    >
    > I have a little Samsung phone now (it was an AT&T special), but it's
    > getting to be time to lay this phone to rest, and I'd like to be able to
    > do picture transfers with my next phone. The Samsung I have now does
    > bluetooth file transfers - but only when it feels like it, which means
    > "about 1 time in 100". ^_^
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX?

    In article ,
    Dan Stromberg wrote:

    > Does anyone know if one of these cell phones will consistently do
    > bluetooth file transfers to a Palm TX?
    >
    > samsung a717
    > motorola v3xx platinum
    > motorola krzr
    > sony ericsson w810i
    > lg cu500v
    > nokia 6126
    > cingular sync by samsung
    > lg trax
    > motorola v3xx gold
    >
    > I have a little Samsung phone now (it was an AT&T special), but it's
    > getting to be time to lay this phone to rest, and I'd like to be able to
    > do picture transfers with my next phone. The Samsung I have now does
    > bluetooth file transfers - but only when it feels like it, which means
    > "about 1 time in 100". ^_^

    Why not buy a Palm Treo? You get a Palm PDA with cell phone
    functionality and a built-in camera.

  4. Re: Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX?

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:59:03 GMT, Dan Stromberg
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if one of these cell phones will consistently do
    >bluetooth file transfers to a Palm TX?
    >
    >samsung a717
    >motorola v3xx platinum
    >motorola krzr
    >sony ericsson w810i
    >lg cu500v
    >nokia 6126
    >cingular sync by samsung
    >lg trax
    >motorola v3xx gold
    >
    >I have a little Samsung phone now (it was an AT&T special), but it's
    >getting to be time to lay this phone to rest, and I'd like to be able to
    >do picture transfers with my next phone. The Samsung I have now does
    >bluetooth file transfers - but only when it feels like it, which means
    >"about 1 time in 100". ^_^
    >
    >Thanks!

    From this page
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/bluet...atibility.html

    There is a link to this page
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...nk.html#phones

    You may have better luck with Motorola V3, V500, V525, V551, or V600.

    None of the others you listed appear to be on there.

    Chuck
    --
    http://www.geocities.com/drchuck1968 (Rumplings)
    http://drchuck1968.livejournal.com (Ramblings)

  5. Re: Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX?

    On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:40:28 -0700, Dan Stromberg - Datallegro wrote:

    > Given the silence on the group, I'm beginning to suspect that there
    > isn't good bluetooth interoperability between Palms and these cell
    > phones.
    >
    > I did find some Palm documents about Ericsson and Nokia, and how they
    > (will) work with Palms via Bluetooth, but it turned out that these
    > phones are too expensive just to get bluetooh anyway.
    >
    > So I'm going to just try a MicroSD card instead - my old Samsung has a
    > MicroSD card slot.
    >
    > On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:59:03 +0000, Dan Stromberg wrote:
    >

    >> Does anyone know if one of these cell phones will consistently do
    >> bluetooth file transfers to a Palm TX?
    >>
    >> samsung a717
    >> motorola v3xx platinum
    >> motorola krzr
    >> sony ericsson w810i
    >> lg cu500v
    >> nokia 6126
    >> cingular sync by samsung
    >> lg trax
    >> motorola v3xx gold
    >>
    >> I have a little Samsung phone now (it was an AT&T special), but it's
    >> getting to be time to lay this phone to rest, and I'd like to be able
    >> to do picture transfers with my next phone. The Samsung I have now
    >> does bluetooth file transfers - but only when it feels like it, which
    >> means "about 1 time in 100". ^_^
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    I have great success with a Samsung X820 and T519 to/from my Palm T5 all
    the time -- for picture transfers, some DUN - but never for SMS messages
    and audio and the like. Basic things like file transfers should "just
    work" with relatively modern devices. I don't know about the TX, but my
    T5 has worked with my phone, linux systems, and windows (albeit; sync'ing
    over bluetooth is dog-slow, but the Palm have pretty low-power/speed
    bluetooth interfaces).

    Why not find someone with the same/similar phone you like, and ask them
    to let you try?

  6. Re: Cellphone bluetooth that can do picture transfers to a TX?

    "Shawn Hirn" wrote in message

    > Why not buy a Palm Treo? You get a Palm PDA with cell phone
    > functionality and a built-in camera.

    My biggest gripe with the Treos is the square screen. Until there's a
    smartphone with a screen size like the TX or Sony TH55, I'd rather carry 2
    devices.

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread