Batteries, ugh! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Batteries, ugh! - Palmtop ; Why is it that cell phones have replaceable batteries, but to replace the battery on my Zire 71 I have to practically tear the thing apart? (I think I know why, it comes down to $$$, just wanted to vent) ...

  1. Batteries, ugh!

    Why is it that cell phones have replaceable batteries, but to replace
    the battery on my Zire 71 I have to practically tear the thing apart?

    (I think I know why, it comes down to $$$, just wanted to vent)

    Chuck
    --
    http://www.geocities.com/drchuck1968 (Rumplings)
    http://drchuck1968.livejournal.com (Ramblings)

  2. Re: Batteries, ugh!

    Chuck wrote:
    > Why is it that cell phones have replaceable batteries, but to replace
    > the battery on my Zire 71 I have to practically tear the thing apart?
    >
    > (I think I know why, it comes down to $$$, just wanted to vent)
    >
    > Chuck

    Be glad it's not a Palm V. They're glued together. Takes a heat gun,
    asbestos gloves, patience and luck to get it apart without breaking
    something. Anybody want a broken palm V? It's already apart and
    only slightly melted ;-)
    mike

    --
    Return address is VALID!

  3. Re: Batteries, ugh!

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:02:29 +0000, Chuck wrote:

    > Why is it that cell phones have replaceable batteries, but to replace
    > the battery on my Zire 71 I have to practically tear the thing apart?
    >
    > (I think I know why, it comes down to $$$, just wanted to vent)
    >
    > Chuck

    Yup, I liked it better in the days of the IIIxe, when "the hood wasn't
    welded shut".

+ Reply to Thread