Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger - Palmtop ; Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) application for Macintosh OS X Tiger for making simple doc or book files to be read on Palm handhelds? Many thanks, ToonyTurb...

  1. Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger

    Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) application for
    Macintosh OS X Tiger for making simple doc or book files to be read on
    Palm handhelds?

    Many thanks,

    ToonyTurb

  2. Re: Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger

    In article <1184432280.505619.236510@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.c om>,
    tonyturb says...

    > Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) application for
    > Macintosh OS X Tiger for making simple doc or book files to be read on
    > Palm handhelds?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > ToonyTurb

    or just put ASCII text files on the SD card and read them with CardTXT

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  3. Re: Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger

    tonyturb wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) application for
    > Macintosh OS X Tiger for making simple doc or book files to be read on
    > Palm handhelds?

    What's wrong with saving the files as PDF's and copying the resulting
    files to the Palm? Software built-in to OS X, so couldn't be free-er.

    Cheers for now,

    Dave

    --
    Dave Smith
    Wordsmith and yarnspinner, singer and storyteller

  4. Re: Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger

    On Jul 15, 9:51 am, Dave wrote:
    > In article <1184432280.505619.236...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.c om>,
    >
    > tonyturb wrote:
    > > Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) application for
    > > Macintosh OS X Tiger for making simple doc or book files to be read on
    > > Palm handhelds?

    > What's wrong with saving the files as PDF's and copying the resulting
    > files to the Palm? Software built-in to OS X, so couldn't be free-er.
    >
    > Cheers for now,
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > --
    > Dave Smith
    > Wordsmith and yarnspinner, singer and storyteller

    Thanks everyone,

    I will look into using the Adobe Palm Reader software and the ereader
    dropbook!

    Yours gratefully,

    Tony Turbeville

  5. Re: Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger

    On 2007-07-14 11:58:00 -0500, tonyturb said:

    > Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) application for
    > Macintosh OS X Tiger for making simple doc or book files to be read on
    > Palm handhelds?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > ToonyTurb

    I've used ebook studio with great results for a lot of stuff. Not free
    - it costs some 25$, but is worth it to me. If you read books on your
    palm as much as I do, you value a well done ebook much more than a
    workaround method.
    --
    -----------------------------
    I only talk like that in the movies

  6. Re: Book or Doc Maker for Mac OS X Tiger

    tonyturb wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a good (preferably free) application for
    > Macintosh OS X Tiger for making simple doc or book files to be read on
    > Palm handhelds?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > ToonyTurb

    Drop Book. ereader.com/dropbook. Free; works.

+ Reply to Thread