New Vista laptop, old Treo 650 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on New Vista laptop, old Treo 650 - Palmtop ; Is there an updated Treo install disk that's Vista-compatible? Thanks...

  1. New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    Is there an updated Treo install disk that's Vista-compatible?

    Thanks

  2. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    On May 11, 11:19 am, nunamus wrote:
    > Is there an updated Treo install disk that's Vista-compatible?
    >
    > Thanks

    This link points to an official Palm blog entry on Palm Desktop's
    compatibility with Windows Vista.
    http://blog.palm.com/palm/2007/05/palm_desktop_on.html

    HTH,
    Larry

  3. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    In article <5ai5lgF2p2dmiU1@mid.individual.net>, nunamus says...

    > Is there an updated Treo install disk that's Vista-compatible?
    >
    > Thanks

    Palm - Support - Windows Vista

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  4. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    Jim Anderson wrote:
    > In article <5ai5lgF2p2dmiU1@mid.individual.net>, nunamus says...
    >
    >> Is there an updated Treo install disk that's Vista-compatible?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Palm - Support - Windows Vista

    Thanks. It's surprising that many of the smallest companies had
    enough lead time to ensure that their software was compatible
    with Vista, but Palm, with infinite resources, didn't get the
    job done.

    anon

  5. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    On 5/11/2007 6:45 AM PT, nunamus wrote:

    >>> Is there an updated Treo install disk that's Vista-compatible?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> Palm - Support - Windows Vista
    >>

    > Thanks. It's surprising that many of the smallest companies had enough
    > lead time to ensure that their software was compatible with Vista, but
    > Palm, with infinite resources, didn't get the job done.

    Yep, very upsetting. Palm had Vista prereleases too. Palm is really
    going downhill.
    --
    "I look at an ant and I see myself: a native South African, endowed by
    nature with a strength much greater than my size so I might cope with
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  6. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    In article <5ajab5F2odu7uU1@mid.individual.net>, nunamus says...

    > Jim Anderson wrote:
    > > In article <5ai5lgF2p2dmiU1@mid.individual.net>, nunamus says...
    > >
    > >> Is there an updated Treo install disk that's Vista-compatible?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>

    > > Palm - Support - Windows Vista
    > >

    > Thanks. It's surprising that many of the smallest companies had
    > enough lead time to ensure that their software was compatible
    > with Vista, but Palm, with infinite resources, didn't get the
    > job done.
    >
    > anon

    They are kinda busy rolling out the ground breaking new 'Hawk' device
    with the new Palm OSII UNIX OS. The new Palm OSII Desktop is a complete
    re-write, so why fix an old product that you are about to abandon.

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  7. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    Jim Anderson wrote:

    > They are kinda busy rolling out the ground breaking new 'Hawk' device
    > with the new Palm OSII UNIX OS. The new Palm OSII Desktop is a complete
    > re-write, so why fix an old product that you are about to abandon.

    Because you're still shipping that product with your new Treo 577p?

    --
    Derek

    Are movies about Vulcans Pathe-logical?

  8. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    In message Jim
    Anderson wrote:

    >They are kinda busy rolling out the ground breaking new 'Hawk' device
    >with the new Palm OSII UNIX OS. The new Palm OSII Desktop is a complete
    >re-write, so why fix an old product that you are about to abandon.

    In theory, they'll want some customers to buy the new device. Pissing
    off your established market base immediately before launching an
    aggressive new product is rarely a smart business decision.

    --
    We know America is a great nation! Where else could a poor black boy
    be born in utter poverty and end up a rich white man?

  9. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    Derek wrote:
    > Jim Anderson wrote:
    >
    >> They are kinda busy rolling out the ground breaking new 'Hawk' device
    >> with the new Palm OSII UNIX OS. The new Palm OSII Desktop is a
    >> complete re-write, so why fix an old product that you are about to
    >> abandon.

    > Because you're still shipping that product with your new Treo 577p?

    Or even the 755p, for those who can type.

    --
    Derek

    Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.

  10. Re: New Vista laptop, old Treo 650

    "Jim Anderson" wrote in message
    news:MPG.20ae3a06d38e930798975f@news.frontiernet.n et...
    > In article <5ajab5F2odu7uU1@mid.individual.net>, nunamus says...

    > They are kinda busy rolling out the ground breaking new 'Hawk' device
    > with the new Palm OSII UNIX OS. The new Palm OSII Desktop is a complete
    > re-write, so why fix an old product that you are about to abandon.
    >
    > --
    > Jim Anderson
    > ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

    Do you have a link to a good description of this device? Release date? I
    searched the Palm web site: nada. I Googled and found only *very* scanty
    mentions.

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England