Treo 680 multiple devices over bluetooth? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 680 multiple devices over bluetooth? - Palmtop ; Am I right in thinking that I could use a bluetooth handsfree kit and a tomtom bluetooth receiver at the same time using a Treo 680? I can't (at least, as I understand it) on a Treo 650. -z- -- ...

  1. Treo 680 multiple devices over bluetooth?

    --
    My God, it's full of asterisks.

  2. Re: Treo 680 multiple devices over bluetooth?

    In message zoara
    wrote:

    >Am I right in thinking that I could use a bluetooth handsfree kit and a
    >tomtom bluetooth receiver at the same time using a Treo 680? I can't (at
    >least, as I understand it) on a Treo 650.

    Yes, sort of -- The Palm still doesn't multitask very well, you'll
    probably have trouble actually "using" multiple devices.

    However, what does work is that if a headset is connected, you can also
    fire up a GPS. If a call comes in, the call will ring on your headset
    and you can answer it there (which was not possible with a Treo 650, on
    the Treo 650 the GPS software would refuse to connect if a headset was
    connected)

    --
    We know America is a great nation! Where else could a poor black boy
    be born in utter poverty and end up a rich white man?

  3. Re: Treo 680 multiple devices over bluetooth?

    On Thu, 10 May 2007 14:25:26 -0600, DevilsPGD wrote:

    > In message zoara
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Am I right in thinking that I could use a bluetooth handsfree kit and a
    >>tomtom bluetooth receiver at the same time using a Treo 680? I can't (at
    >>least, as I understand it) on a Treo 650.

    > Yes, sort of -- The Palm still doesn't multitask very well, you'll
    > probably have trouble actually "using" multiple devices.

    Righto.

    > However, what does work is that if a headset is connected, you can also
    > fire up a GPS. If a call comes in, the call will ring on your headset
    > and you can answer it there (which was not possible with a Treo 650, on
    > the Treo 650 the GPS software would refuse to connect if a headset was
    > connected)

    That's fantastic, thankyou for the confirmation.

    -zoara-

    --
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >

+ Reply to Thread