What is the tune that the TX plays? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on What is the tune that the TX plays? - Palmtop ; Sometimes when I turn my TX off, it plays a little five-note tune. Sometimes it plays it more than once. I can't find anything in the manual that explains what this is or why it occurs. Anyone? -- Mike Prager, ...

  1. What is the tune that the TX plays?

    --
    Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC
    Address spam-trapped; remove color to reply.

  2. Re: What is the tune that the TX plays?

    On Apr 27, 10:48 am, Michael Prager
    wrote:
    > Sometimes when I turn my TX off, it plays a little five-note
    > tune. Sometimes it plays it more than once. I can't find
    > anything in the manual that explains what this is or why it
    > occurs. Anyone?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC
    > Address spam-trapped; remove color to reply.
    > * Opinions expressed are personal and not represented otherwise.
    > * Any use of tradenames does not constitute a NOAA endorsement.

    Other than system alarms and alerts connected to specific events on my
    calendar or clock, I've never heard my TX play any sounds when turning
    off or on. Very strange, indeed!

  3. Re: What is the tune that the TX plays?

    Bill Marcum wrote:

    > On 30 Apr 2007 11:58:40 -0700, mdspiro@gmail.com
    > wrote:
    > >

    > > On Apr 27, 10:48 am, Michael Prager
    > > wrote:
    > >> Sometimes when I turn my TX off, it plays a little five-note
    > >> tune. Sometimes it plays it more than once. I can't find
    > >> anything in the manual that explains what this is or why it
    > >> occurs. Anyone?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC
    > >> Address spam-trapped; remove color to reply.
    > >> * Opinions expressed are personal and not represented otherwise.
    > >> * Any use of tradenames does not constitute a NOAA endorsement.

    > > Other than system alarms and alerts connected to specific events on my
    > > calendar or clock, I've never heard my TX play any sounds when turning
    > > off or on. Very strange, indeed!
    > >

    > Perhaps Mike has the "Auto-Off Extender". That plays a little tune to
    > indicate that the auto-off time limit has been extended.

    BINGO! Thank you, Bill! I forgot I even installed this (and
    the program's help screens don't say anything about the little
    song it plays).

    Your reply much appreciated.