Adding parentheticals to phone numbers - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Adding parentheticals to phone numbers - Palmtop ; When I was using a PC, I could add a parenthetical to a phone number in Outlook - i.e., "212-244-5400 (private line)" - and have both the number AND the parenthetical show up on my Treo, via HotSync. Now that ...

  1. Adding parentheticals to phone numbers

    When I was using a PC, I could add a parenthetical to a phone number
    in Outlook - i.e., "212-244-5400 (private line)" - and have both the
    number AND the parenthetical show up on my Treo, via HotSync.

    Now that I'm on Mac, I have parentheticals in Mac's Address Book just
    as I used to in Outlook, but when I sync to my Treo via MissingSync,
    the parentheticals don't show up. Any ideas what I can do about this?

  2. Re: Adding parentheticals to phone numbers

    In article <1177604840.162831.241600@n35g2000prd.googlegroups. com>,
    "T. Wise" wrote:

    > When I was using a PC, I could add a parenthetical to a phone number
    > in Outlook - i.e., "212-244-5400 (private line)" - and have both the
    > number AND the parenthetical show up on my Treo, via HotSync.
    >
    > Now that I'm on Mac, I have parentheticals in Mac's Address Book just
    > as I used to in Outlook, but when I sync to my Treo via MissingSync,
    > the parentheticals don't show up. Any ideas what I can do about this?

    Why not just set up a different custom label to the phone field in iCal
    instead? For example, the default label selection includes "mobile" and
    "home" so add "private line" to the list.

  3. Re: Adding parentheticals to phone numbers

    Because no matter what label I create in Mac's Address Book, it just
    shows up as "Other" on the Treo.

    On Apr 26, 9:21 pm, Shawn Hirn wrote:

    > Why not just set up a different custom label to the phone field in iCal
    > instead? For example, the default label selection includes "mobile" and
    > "home" so add "private line" to the list.

  4. Re: Adding parentheticals to phone numbers

    It is alleged that T. Wise claimed:

    > Because no matter what label I create in Mac's Address Book, it just
    > shows up as "Other" on the Treo.

    From the Treo, you can rename the "Custom fields". Look in the phone
    book's Options.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    DISCLAIMER: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of
    85 million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

+ Reply to Thread