Treo vs Nokia E61 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo vs Nokia E61 - Palmtop ; I was wondering what are the pros and cons of switching from a Palm Treo 650 to Nokia E61 (E62 equivalent). Although I've used Palm for a number of years, for years before that I used Psion EPOC devices so ...

  1. Treo vs Nokia E61

    I was wondering what are the pros and cons of switching from a Palm
    Treo 650 to Nokia E61 (E62 equivalent).

    Although I've used Palm for a number of years, for years before that I
    used Psion EPOC devices so Symbian will not be completely alien.
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  2. Re: Treo vs Nokia E61

    Steve Hodgson wrote:
    > I was wondering what are the pros and cons of switching from a Palm Treo
    > 650 to Nokia E61 (E62 equivalent).
    >
    > Although I've used Palm for a number of years, for years before that I
    > used Psion EPOC devices so Symbian will not be completely alien.

    For me it is a no go, since Nokia E61 does not have threaded SMS'ing.

    JonB

  3. Re: Treo vs Nokia E61

    In message Jon Bendtsen
    wrote:

    >Steve Hodgson wrote:
    >> I was wondering what are the pros and cons of switching from a Palm Treo
    >> 650 to Nokia E61 (E62 equivalent).
    >>
    >> Although I've used Palm for a number of years, for years before that I
    >> used Psion EPOC devices so Symbian will not be completely alien.

    >For me it is a no go, since Nokia E61 does not have threaded SMS'ing.

    A surprisingly useful feature, even if the Treo does get painfully slow
    with more then a handful of text messages stored at once...

    --
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  4. Re: Treo vs Nokia E61

    You can do way so much more with a Treo than a E61. The E61 uses Symbian 3rd
    Edition applications which are limited in there use, the Treo has far more.

    The E61 is better than the Treo for call quality and less crashes.

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
    > Steve Hodgson wrote:
    >> I was wondering what are the pros and cons of switching from a Palm Treo
    >> 650 to Nokia E61 (E62 equivalent).
    >>
    >> Although I've used Palm for a number of years, for years before that I
    >> used Psion EPOC devices so Symbian will not be completely alien.

    > For me it is a no go, since Nokia E61 does not have threaded SMS'ing.
    >

    > JonB

  5. Re: Treo vs Nokia E61

    In message <46272625_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net> "Gerry \(The MOTH\)"
    wrote:

    >You can do way so much more with a Treo than a E61. The E61 uses Symbian 3rd
    >Edition applications which are limited in there use, the Treo has far more.
    >
    >The E61 is better than the Treo for call quality and less crashes.

    Have you tried a 680?

    --
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  6. Re: Treo vs Nokia E61

    "DevilsPGD" wrote in message
    > In message <46272625_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net> "Gerry \(The MOTH\)"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>You can do way so much more with a Treo than a E61. The E61 uses Symbian
    >>3rd
    >>Edition applications which are limited in there use, the Treo has far
    >>more.
    >>
    >>The E61 is better than the Treo for call quality and less crashes.

    > Have you tried a 680?
    >
    > --
    > I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

    No haven't had the chance to see the 680, got a dead Treo 600 at the moment.
    Think its the battery, so bought a new one, but when I opened it up the
    battery was soldered in and one thing I don't have is a soldering iron (Did
    have one, thing wife chucked it out).

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

  7. Re: Treo vs Nokia E61

    On 2007-04-19 09:34:01 +0100, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" said:

    > You can do way so much more with a Treo than a E61. The E61 uses Symbian 3rd
    > Edition applications which are limited in there use, the Treo has far more.
    >
    > The E61 is better than the Treo for call quality and less crashes.

    What about the UIQ devices such as the Sony M600i?
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  8. Re: Treo vs Nokia E61

    On 2007-04-20 17:33:55 +0100, Steve Hodgson said:

    > On 2007-04-19 09:34:01 +0100, "Gerry \(The MOTH\)" said:
    >
    >> You can do way so much more with a Treo than a E61. The E61 uses Symbian 3rd
    >> Edition applications which are limited in there use, the Treo has far more.
    >>
    >> The E61 is better than the Treo for call quality and less crashes.

    > What about the UIQ devices such as the Sony M600i?

    I did change my contract over the weekend and ended up with a Nokia E65
    smartphone running S60 Series 3. My God there are a lot of buttons to
    press or each operation. It shows how much the Treo got right despite
    its flaws.
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

+ Reply to Thread