Palm TX as a drive on windows - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX as a drive on windows - Palmtop ; Hello, Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it? thanks for your help...

  1. Palm TX as a drive on windows

    Hello,

    Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?
    thanks for your help

  2. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    Wilfrid wrote:
    > Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows
    > and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?

    If you have a Livedrive somewhere around, you can use its drivemodeapp
    to access your TX's SD card like a USB memory stick.

    http://www.google.de/search?q=DriveModeApp-PDM1.prc

    HTH, Jan

  3. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    and the built in Palm TX memory? is it accessible?

    "Jan Steffen" wrote in message news:58mt7sF2hur52U1@mid.dfncis.de...
    > Wilfrid wrote:
    >> Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows
    >> and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?

    > If you have a Livedrive somewhere around, you can use its drivemodeapp
    > to access your TX's SD card like a USB memory stick.
    >
    > http://www.google.de/search?q=DriveModeApp-PDM1.prc
    >
    > HTH, Jan

  4. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    In article <46263f93$0$24679$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Wilfrid says...

    > and the built in Palm TX memory? is it accessible?
    >
    > "Jan Steffen" wrote in message news:58mt7sF2hur52U1@mid.dfncis.de...
    > > Wilfrid wrote:
    > >> Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows
    > >> and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?

    > > If you have a Livedrive somewhere around, you can use its drivemodeapp
    > > to access your TX's SD card like a USB memory stick.
    > >
    > > http://www.google.de/search?q=DriveModeApp-PDM1.prc
    > >
    > > HTH, Jan

    The Internal Memory can only have .prc and .pdb files added to it.
    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  5. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    (quoting corrected)

    Wilfrid wrote:
    > "Jan Steffen" wrote in message news:58mt7sF2hur52U1@mid.dfncis.de...
    >> Wilfrid wrote:
    >>> Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows
    >>> and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?

    >> If you have a Livedrive somewhere around, you can use its drivemodeapp
    >> to access your TX's SD card like a USB memory stick.
    >>

    > and the built in Palm TX memory? is it accessible?

    No, only the SD card.

    Jan
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

  6. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:46:46 -0500, Wilfrid wrote
    (in article <46263d66$0$14552$426a74cc@news.free.fr>):

    > Hello,
    >
    > Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and then
    > copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?
    > thanks for your help

    I'm on Mac OS. The 3rd party Mac app of choice is Missing Sync, of which
    there is a Windows flavor (no idea of relative usefulness).

    --

    Tim
    lance_1012@hotmail.com

  7. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    + Jan Steffen :

    | If you have a Livedrive somewhere around, you can use its drivemodeapp
    | to access your TX's SD card like a USB memory stick.

    Or even better, get one of those SD cards that folds in the middle and
    becomes a USB memory stick.

    --
    * Harald Hanche-Olsen
    -- Bertrand Russell

  8. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    Wilfrid wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?
    > thanks for your help

    Drivemode from a Lifedrive, as noted by Jan, would work.

    CardExport II from Softick is my method of choice, since I had it long
    before I had my TX. (http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/)

    --
    Derek

    Biology grows on you.

  9. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    On Apr 18, 11:46 am, "Wilfrid" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it?
    > thanks for your help

    I have a TX, and copy files directly to my SD card using a card-reader
    built into my PC. I can also connect the TX with the serial-USB
    hotsync cable to my PC and access the SD card on the desktop by using
    a palm program called "CardReader" by Mobile Stream (free trial can be
    found on palmgear.com). I don't believe there's any way to have the
    internal memory on the TX be seen as a drive in Windows ... only the
    SD card. However, once a file is copied to the card, you can move it
    over to the internal memory on the Palm by using the free palm
    program, "FileZ".

  10. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    If you have access to a LifeDrive, how about beaming over the "Drive
    Mode" application? (using a program like FileZ) I have seen it done
    with "Files" and "Camera Helper". I'm not sure if it breaks the End
    User License Agreement or not, however.

  11. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    In message <1177025751.062379.64100@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om> Onyx
    wrote:

    >If you have access to a LifeDrive, how about beaming over the "Drive
    >Mode" application? (using a program like FileZ) I have seen it done
    >with "Files" and "Camera Helper". I'm not sure if it breaks the End
    >User License Agreement or not, however.

    Did you sign any agreements?

    Copyright would apply, but then so would "Fair use" (Which this may or
    may not fall under)

    --
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  12. Re: Palm TX as a drive on windows

    Derek wrote:

    > Wilfrid wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Would there be a way to have the palm TX seen as a drive in Windows and
    >> then copy files (pdf, mp3..) to it? thanks for your help

    > Drivemode from a Lifedrive, as noted by Jan, would work.
    >
    > CardExport II from Softick is my method of choice, since I had it long
    > before I had my TX. (http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/)

    CardExport is great. I use it for whatever reason when I cant / couldn't be
    bothered using a card reader.

    Also Softick BlueFiles is worth a look if you can use bluetooth. It gives
    you access to your Palms SD card, RAM and ROM. It can be really useful for
    copying things to and fro as well.
    I'm not a Softick employee or anything. They just seem to make utilities
    that I find useful.

    SMBMate. I think it's a GPL app. It may be a little hard to use if you don't
    have a good understanding of SMB / Windows File Sharing. I use it sometimes
    to access the shares on the network to copy files around.

    Tristan.
    --
    -----> http://members.dodo.com.au/~izabelli...tan/index.html <-----
    ===== It's not pretty, it's not great, but it is mine. =====