Specualtions? Palm replaces lifedrive with ... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Specualtions? Palm replaces lifedrive with ... - Palmtop ; Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:25:04 -0500 received comm from Verne Arase on channel alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot: : On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:15:30 -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote : (in article ): : : > I could never stand ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 44 of 44

  1. Re: Specualtions? Palm replaces lifedrive with ...

    Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:25:04 -0500 received comm from
    Verne Arase on channel alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot:

    : On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:15:30 -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote
    : (in article ):
    :
    : > I could never stand iTunes, I ripped everything to mp3 so I could
    : > continue to use my preferred desktop software.
    :
    : No, you couldn't stand the iTunes music store.
    :
    : iTunes would cheerfully rip your music to mp3s with no problem (DRM free).

    I don't like the GUI of iTunes (don't use ITMS).

    It's very confusing and hard to learn from someone who started with WinAmp and
    later Windows Media Player when it became more capable and refined GUI.

    I love my iPod (nano red 8GB), but hate that I can't access it with my choice of
    media software or via USB mass storage.

    Apple is really a closed shop and an all or nothing deal.

    /martin

    martin|t

    --
    Martin Törnsten - http://martin.tornsten.com/

  2. Re: Specualtions? Palm replaces lifedrive with ...

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:03:42 -0500, Martin T wrote
    (in article ):

    > Captain's log. On StarDate Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:25:04 -0500 received comm from
    > Verne Arase on channel alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot:
    >
    >> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:15:30 -0500, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote
    >> (in article ):
    >>
    >>> I could never stand iTunes, I ripped everything to mp3 so I could
    >>> continue to use my preferred desktop software.

    >> No, you couldn't stand the iTunes music store.
    >>
    >> iTunes would cheerfully rip your music to mp3s with no problem (DRM free).

    > I don't like the GUI of iTunes (don't use ITMS).
    >
    > It's very confusing and hard to learn from someone who started with WinAmp

    and
    > later Windows Media Player when it became more capable and refined GUI.
    >
    > I love my iPod (nano red 8GB), but hate that I can't access it with my choice

    > of
    > media software or via USB mass storage.
    >
    > Apple is really a closed shop and an all or nothing deal.
    >
    > /martin
    >
    > martin|t

    There's Windows apps that can get to your iPod's stuff. I'm a mac guy that
    does do some Windows support (but all related to work). My oldest daughter
    had a massive hard drive failure and the only bright spot was her getting all
    her music and videos back from her iPod. I'm not sure of the name of the app
    she used. On the Mac side there's more than you can count on both hands. My
    favorite even allows you to mount the iPod as a drive and of course add to
    iTunes library from it.

    --

    Tim
    lance_1012@hotmail.com

  3. Re: Specualtions? Palm replaces lifedrive with ...

    Per Tim Lance:
    >and the only bright spot was her getting all
    >her music and videos back from her iPod. I'm not sure of the name of the app
    >she used.

    FooBar2000 v0.9 did it for me.

    Kind of a Spartan UI, but IMHO *huge* functionality compared to MusicMatch or
    iTunes.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  4. Re: Specualtions? Palm replaces lifedrive with ...

    It is alleged that Martin T claimed:

    > I don't like the GUI of iTunes (don't use ITMS).
    >
    > It's very confusing and hard to learn from someone who started with WinAmp and
    > later Windows Media Player when it became more capable and refined GUI.
    >
    > I love my iPod (nano red 8GB), but hate that I can't access it with my choice of
    > media software or via USB mass storage.

    players, very nicely.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    Jeanne's Two Laws of Chocolate: If there is no chocolate in the house,
    there is too little; some must be purchased. If there is chocolate in
    the house, there is too much; it must be consumed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3