TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software? - Palmtop ; When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed alnong the bottom edge of the screen. To activate the bottom row of icons, I have to tape at the ...

  1. TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the
    standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed
    alnong the bottom edge of the screen. To activate the bottom row of
    icons, I have to tape at the very bottom edge. If it gets any worse,
    I won't be able to tap them at all.

    The solution may be calibration software that takes into account the
    taller screen of the TX. Is anyone aware of anyting like this?
    --
    Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

  2. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    In article <9jn6v2p85d6s9qt5mlfkbrj15s8fqb7f2o@4ax.com>, Doug Warner wrote:
    >When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the
    >standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed
    >alnong the bottom edge of the screen. To activate the bottom row of

    Tx digitizer seems "nonlinear to me; & the built-in calibrator sucks.
    i had the same problem until someone suggested power Digi (~$10)

    http://palmpowerups.com/

    wonderful software but its registration process is confusing.

    bye now,

    Pam

    /"\
    \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign
    X against HTML email & vCards & MS attachments
    / \

  3. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    Doug Warner wrote:

    > When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the
    > standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed
    >
    > The solution may be calibration software that takes into account the
    > taller screen of the TX. Is anyone aware of anyting like this?

    PowerDiGi

    http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=10

    --
    JJW

  4. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    You wrote:

    > The solution may be calibration software that takes into
    > account the
    > taller screen of the TX. Is anyone aware of anyting like
    > this?

    myKbd has a full screen calibration routine and it worked for my
    TX when I had a similiar problem.

    Joe

  5. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    On Mar 11, 3:52 pm, Jeffrey J Weimer wrote:
    > In article <9jn6v2p85d6s9qt5mlfkbrj15s8fqb7...@4ax.com>,
    > Doug Warner wrote:
    >
    > > When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the
    > > standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed

    > > The solution may be calibration software that takes into account the
    > > taller screen of the TX. Is anyone aware of anyting like this?

    > PowerDiGi
    >
    > http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=10
    >
    > --
    > JJW

    I gave it a try, but It crashes my TX every time.

  6. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    Thanks. I just tried it in medium mode, and it worked great.
    I especially like the method of holding the stylus on the crosshairs
    and then pressing a hardware button to register it. No problems with
    slip at all.
    Now, if I can just find a way to register it without creating yet
    another website account and password. (I don't buy from sites that
    force me to create "accounts")

    Jeffrey J Weimer wrote:

    >PowerDiGi
    >
    >http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=10

    --
    Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

  7. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    "Why Tea" wrote:

    >On Mar 11, 3:52 pm, Jeffrey J Weimer wrote:
    >> In article <9jn6v2p85d6s9qt5mlfkbrj15s8fqb7...@4ax.com>,
    >> Doug Warner wrote:
    >>
    >> > When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the
    >> > standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed

    >> > The solution may be calibration software that takes into account the
    >> > taller screen of the TX. Is anyone aware of anyting like this?

    >> PowerDiGi
    >>
    >> http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=10
    >>
    >> --
    >> JJW

    >I gave it a try, but It crashes my TX every time.

    I have Power Digi, buy my main unit is too far gone for this to work,
    (Also I can't use it any more, since every time Palm replaces a unit,
    the serial nuber changes and PowerDigi becomes de-registered.)

    Now, my SPARE, TX which is a never-used replacement I received from
    Palm last July also has an issue. I can calibrate, but if I tap at
    the very bottom of the screen, it registers about 1/4" high. ,so
    insteat of activating full screen, it opens versamail.

    I called Palm about this failure, and they said it was only covered
    for 30 days after I received it!. Unortunately, all I did at the time
    was a quick check, then put it on the shelf until I needed it.
    (I had already purchased an emergency replacement)

    No palm PDA has every lasted more than a year for me.
    I serioulsy doubt I'd every buy one of their smartpnones. The only
    reason I keep using the PDA's is because I need one, and all my
    software is Palm-OS. Still, this is making me seriouysly consider a
    switch.
    --
    Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

  8. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    + Doug Warner :

    > No palm PDA has every lasted more than a year for me.

    Ouch. That sucks. I must have been lucky with mine. Bought a IIIxe in
    May 2000, it lasted until I accidentally broke the screen in January
    2002. I bought a m505 then that I only retired in February 2006 because
    USB no longer worked, and I had moved to a laptop without a serial
    port. I still have the TX I bought at the time. Uh, not quite true: I
    got a replacement when the power switch stopped working. It stopped
    working even faster on the replacement, so I didn't bother to have it
    replaced again. Other than that, it still works fine. I really don't
    know what to do when my TX needs replacing, though.

    --
    * Harald Hanche-Olsen
    -- Bertrand Russell

  9. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    Doug
    The only way to fix a failing digitizer is to replace it. I use a T3 and
    have learned to replace digitizers and batteries. Excluding those 2
    components, I regard the T3 as bombproof. Learn to replace the digitizer: it
    does not require special skills or tools, takes 20 minutes and a steady
    hand.
    Mick
    I seem to recall that
    "Doug Warner" wrote in message
    "Why Tea" wrote:

    >On Mar 11, 3:52 pm, Jeffrey J Weimer wrote:
    >> In article <9jn6v2p85d6s9qt5mlfkbrj15s8fqb7...@4ax.com>,
    >> Doug Warner wrote:
    >>
    >> > When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the
    >> > standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed

    >> > The solution may be calibration software that takes into account the
    >> > taller screen of the TX. Is anyone aware of anyting like this?

    >> PowerDiGi
    >>
    >> http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=10
    >>
    >> --
    >> JJW

    >I gave it a try, but It crashes my TX every time.

    I have Power Digi, buy my main unit is too far gone for this to work,
    (Also I can't use it any more, since every time Palm replaces a unit,
    the serial nuber changes and PowerDigi becomes de-registered.)

    Now, my SPARE, TX which is a never-used replacement I received from
    Palm last July also has an issue. I can calibrate, but if I tap at
    the very bottom of the screen, it registers about 1/4" high. ,so
    insteat of activating full screen, it opens versamail.

    I called Palm about this failure, and they said it was only covered
    for 30 days after I received it!. Unortunately, all I did at the time
    was a quick check, then put it on the shelf until I needed it.
    (I had already purchased an emergency replacement)

    No palm PDA has every lasted more than a year for me.
    I serioulsy doubt I'd every buy one of their smartpnones. The only
    reason I keep using the PDA's is because I need one, and all my
    software is Palm-OS. Still, this is making me seriouysly consider a
    switch.
    --
    Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

  10. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    Doug Warner , who said:

    >No palm PDA has every lasted more than a year for me.

    I have a couple of space m515s that are still run flawlessly, but after
    my current E2 dies, I will never again buy anything newer than an m515. [1]

    [1] I know I've said that before. Now my wife is enforcing it, so I guess
    I mean it this time.

    >Still, this is making me seriouysly consider a switch.

    The recommendation I got was to keep my eyes open for a Verizon EDGE
    Blackberry which I'm told may be available in the spring.

    --hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hymie@lactose.homelinux.net
    ------------------------ Without caffeine for 510 days ------------------------

  11. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    In newscoy78c9hpn.fsf@shuttle.math.ntnu.no,
    Harald Hanche-Olsen typed on Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:15:16 +0100:
    > + Doug Warner :
    >
    >> No palm PDA has every lasted more than a year for me.

    > Ouch. That sucks. I must have been lucky with mine. Bought a IIIxe in
    > May 2000, it lasted until I accidentally broke the screen in January
    > 2002. I bought a m505 then that I only retired in February 2006
    > because USB no longer worked, and I had moved to a laptop without a
    > serial port. I still have the TX I bought at the time. Uh, not quite
    > true: I got a replacement when the power switch stopped working. It
    > stopped working even faster on the replacement, so I didn't bother to
    > have it replaced again. Other than that, it still works fine. I
    > really don't know what to do when my TX needs replacing, though.

    Still using my Palm IIIc that I got in 2001 (second Li-Po battery, but
    nothing else done to it). I still have my Palm IIIxe as a backup too
    (nothing done to this one). My newer laptops don't have a serial port
    either, but those serial to USB adapters work just fine.

    --
    Bill

  12. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    > Still using my Palm IIIc that I got in 2001 (second Li-Po battery, but
    > nothing else done to it). I still have my Palm IIIxe as a backup too
    > (nothing done to this one). My newer laptops don't have a serial port
    > either, but those serial to USB adapters work just fine.

    I had a lot of failures with the V Vx and T1. No machine ever lasted much
    more than a year. Now that I use the T3 I can't kill the thing off. I bought
    3 of them, thinking that I would use the spare when the first one broke but
    it solidly refuses to break.
    Mick

  13. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:54:41 -0500, BillW50 wrote:

    > In newscoy78c9hpn.fsf@shuttle.math.ntnu.no, Harald Hanche-Olsen typed on
    > Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:15:16 +0100:
    >> + Doug Warner :
    >>
    >>> No palm PDA has every lasted more than a year for me.

    >> Ouch. That sucks. I must have been lucky with mine. Bought a IIIxe in
    >> May 2000, it lasted until I accidentally broke the screen in January
    >> 2002. I bought a m505 then that I only retired in February 2006 because
    >> USB no longer worked, and I had moved to a laptop without a serial port.
    >> I still have the TX I bought at the time. Uh, not quite true: I got a
    >> replacement when the power switch stopped working. It stopped working
    >> even faster on the replacement, so I didn't bother to have it replaced
    >> again. Other than that, it still works fine. I really don't know what to
    >> do when my TX needs replacing, though.

    > Still using my Palm IIIc that I got in 2001 (second Li-Po battery, but
    > nothing else done to it). I still have my Palm IIIxe as a backup too
    > (nothing done to this one). My newer laptops don't have a serial port
    > either, but those serial to USB adapters work just fine.

    Bought a T3 in 03, still going strong gets every day use.

  14. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 22:37:36 +0000, Mick wrote:

    >> Still using my Palm IIIc that I got in 2001 (second Li-Po battery, but
    >> nothing else done to it). I still have my Palm IIIxe as a backup too
    >> (nothing done to this one). My newer laptops don't have a serial port
    >> either, but those serial to USB adapters work just fine.

    > I had a lot of failures with the V Vx and T1. No machine ever lasted much
    > more than a year. Now that I use the T3 I can't kill the thing off. I
    > bought 3 of them, thinking that I would use the spare when the first one
    > broke but it solidly refuses to break.
    > Mick

    Same here, great unit. A little disappointed that there is no phone driver
    for the RIM BB 8130 but I can transfer pictures and video between the two
    using bluetooth and the universal phone driver. I could also connect to
    the internet via bluetooth through the RIM device via PPP if the RIM had a
    DHCP server. I haven't found the proper numbers needed by the RIM to
    configure a static IP like I can with a PC and bluetooth adaptor.

  15. Re: TX: Full screen digitizer calibration software?

    > Doug Warner wrote:
    > When I use the built-in digitizer calibrator, it limits itself to the
    > standard, small screen area. Unfortunately, it's still misalighed
    > The solution may be calibration software that takes into account the
    > taller screen of the TX. Is anyone aware of anyting like this?

    Another program you can try is DigiE: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/digie.shtml
    Just make sure you read all the "reviews" on that page so you're aware
    of the possible issues.

    Andrew

+ Reply to Thread