Re: Treo 680's Versamail getting duplicate and old e-mails thatwere deleted. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Treo 680's Versamail getting duplicate and old e-mails thatwere deleted. - Palmtop ; Did you resolve this?? I am having an issue with my deleted files reappearing under Versamail when connected to my POP server (on Treo 650 CDMA). I can select 'delete from server after read' as well as selecting to delete ...

  1. Re: Treo 680's Versamail getting duplicate and old e-mails thatwere deleted.

    Did you resolve this?? I am having an issue with my deleted files
    reappearing under Versamail when connected to my POP server (on Treo 650
    CDMA). I can select 'delete from server after read' as well as selecting to
    delete 'both on treo and on server' but the msgs keep reloading nonetheless.
    If I just leave them and set my filter to one week, they eventually
    disappear.

    Any ideas on this? It could be the same issue you described above? It
    isn't a massive deal for me because 90% of the time I use Chatter through an
    IMAP account.

    Thanks and take care,
    Andrew.

    in article CLKdnd0vrIO-HTXYnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@mminternet.net,
    ANTant@zimage.com at ANTant@zimage.com wrote on 1/13/07 1:45 AM:

    > Hello.
    >
    > My father is having Versamail problems with his fairly new (1-2 months
    > old) Palm Treo 680 (unlocked) that I am trying to help to resolve. The
    > problem started about two or three days ago. He keeps getting sometimes
    > random old and sometimes duplicate e-mails (unread -- red color) in his
    > inbox folder (he is not a type of person who organizes his e-mails into
    > other folders) after connecting to e-mail server for new e-mails. This
    > happens with two different Versamail e-mail profiles/accounts (EarthLink
    > and his university -- both using POP3) I tried deleting the e-mail
    > copies on the e-mail server, but that didn't help.
    >
    > I wanted to reset his Versmail's settings and his datas, but he did NOT
    > want to delete all his local Versamail's e-mails because he didn't have
    > copies on the mail servers anymore. His inbox has about 80 and 200
    > e-mails in both separate inboxes. He does keep both his PDA and
    > Webmails/e-mail servers synchronized (delete on PDA, deleted on server
    > too). He uses Versmail on his wireless phone provider. Also he noticed
    > his connections are longer than usual (5-10 seconds). I am not sure if
    > that is related. Has there been a recent virus/worm/something malicious
    > lately to cause this odd behavior?
    >
    > Any ideas on what the problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: Treo 680's Versamail getting duplicate and old e-mails that?were deleted.

    Still unresolved.

    --
    "The constant creeping of ants will wear away the stone." --unknown
    /\___/\
    ( )

  3. Re: Treo 680's Versamail getting duplicate and old e-mailsthat?were deleted.

    I'm sure I'm starting the obvious but have you triple checked that the
    preference 'servers' for saving email on the server is off? As well, if you
    have the pref set up to only look at mail older than 'x' anything greater
    than 'x' will be on your server and will keep being downloaded as the days
    go by.

    Good luck either way,
    Andrew.

    in article vZ6dnaQtUsKiLH3YnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@mminternet.net, Ant at
    ANTant@zimage.com wrote on 2/24/07 4:42 PM:

    > Still unresolved.

  4. Re: Treo 680's Versamail getting duplicate and old e-mails?that?were deleted.

    I don't remember if I answered this post or not. Yes, I did check that
    long ago.

    --
    "What reason, like the careful ant, draws laboriously together, the wind of accident sometimes collects in a moment." --Friedrich von Schiller
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
    ( )

+ Reply to Thread