BAcking up my palm.... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on BAcking up my palm.... - Palmtop ; I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be linked for backup. I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP. If I am correct, the only folder ...

  1. BAcking up my palm....

    I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be
    linked for backup.

    I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP.

    If I am correct, the only folder I need to keep is the one that is named
    after my profile?

    C:\Palm\

    If I continue to save that entire folder, am I safe?

    Is that all I need?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: BAcking up my palm....

    ther wrote:
    >If I am correct, the only folder I need to keep is the one that is named
    >after my profile?

    That is usually enough but to be able to recover to the state at any sync I would go with Backup buddy with its' desktop.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  3. Re: BAcking up my palm....

    On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 02:40:53 -0500, "ther" wrote:

    >I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be
    >linked for backup.
    >
    >I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP.
    >
    >If I am correct, the only folder I need to keep is the one that is named
    >after my profile?
    >
    >C:\Palm\
    >
    >If I continue to save that entire folder, am I safe?
    >
    >Is that all I need?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Some third-party applications may put their own data into
    different folders.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  4. Re: BAcking up my palm....

    Victor Roberts wrote:
    >Some third-party applications may put their own data into
    >different folders.

    Yes ,that is true and you can Easily miss those folders. Backup buddy will pickthe correct files so you do not have to ask the question.
    It has saved my butt more than once.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  5. Re: BAcking up my palm....

    In article ,
    "ther" wrote:

    > I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be
    > linked for backup.
    >
    > I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP.
    >
    > If I am correct, the only folder I need to keep is the one that is named
    > after my profile?
    >
    > C:\Palm\
    >
    > If I continue to save that entire folder, am I safe?
    >
    > Is that all I need?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Why worry about it? Disk space is cheap. Just back up your entire hard
    drive.

  6. Re: BAcking up my palm....

    Shawn Hirn wrote:

    >Why worry about it? Disk space is cheap. Just back up your entire hard
    >drive.

    Not fast and if away from home not possible. Backupbuddy and probably some other apps handlethis automatically.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

+ Reply to Thread