T3 - calendar/memo/tasks data gone - Palmtop

This is a discussion on T3 - calendar/memo/tasks data gone - Palmtop ; Hi, After a PC crash in WinXPP I had to create a new Outlook 2003 blank data file that contains mail/contacts/notes etc. I simply wanted to sync the data on the T3 back to the new Outlook file. This only ...

  1. T3 - calendar/memo/tasks data gone

    Hi,

    After a PC crash in WinXPP I had to create a new Outlook 2003 blank data
    file that contains mail/contacts/notes etc. I simply wanted to sync the data
    on the T3 back to the new Outlook file. This only worked for contacts. My
    calendar data, memos and tasks are now gone from the T3 as well; probably
    because the new Outlook file had a newer time stamp than the data on the T3.

    I have a complete backup of the Palm directory, I tried to replace the
    current directory with the backup that should contain the valid data to no
    avail.

    I would appreciate any help on this as I have lost quite an amount of data
    :-(

    Answers in English or German.

    Thanks, Thorbjorn

  2. Re: T3 - calendar/memo/tasks data gone

    In article <89cf2$45d4e931$54d108cf$19096@news.chello.no>, Thorbjorn
    Sundboe says...

    > Hi,
    >
    > After a PC crash in WinXPP I had to create a new Outlook 2003 blank data
    > file that contains mail/contacts/notes etc. I simply wanted to sync the data
    > on the T3 back to the new Outlook file. This only worked for contacts. My
    > calendar data, memos and tasks are now gone from the T3 as well; probably
    > because the new Outlook file had a newer time stamp than the data on the T3.
    >
    > I have a complete backup of the Palm directory, I tried to replace the
    > current directory with the backup that should contain the valid data to no
    > avail.
    >
    > I would appreciate any help on this as I have lost quite an amount of data
    > :-(
    >
    > Answers in English or German.
    >
    > Thanks, Thorbjorn

    Outlook does not backup it's data to the Palm folder. It uses a .pst
    file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

    Find the old one.
    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  3. Re: T3 - calendar/memo/tasks data gone

    > Outlook does not backup it's data to the Palm folder. It uses a .pst
    > file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst
    >
    > Find the old one.

    I am aware of that; however I assume that the corresponding data stored on
    the Palm is present in the Palm directory? Is there a way to pull it from
    there?

    Thorbjorn

  4. Re: T3 - calendar/memo/tasks data gone

    In article <1ae69$45d5552b$54d108cf$550@news.chello.no>, Thorbjorn
    Sundboe says...

    > > Outlook does not backup it's data to the Palm folder. It uses a .pst
    > > file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
    > > Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst
    > >
    > > Find the old one.

    > I am aware of that; however I assume that the corresponding data stored on
    > the Palm is present in the Palm directory? Is there a way to pull it from
    > there?
    >
    > Thorbjorn

    Not if you sync to Outlook, then it is in Outlook.

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

+ Reply to Thread