M515 and PocketMirror - Palmtop

This is a discussion on M515 and PocketMirror - Palmtop ; Did this device come with this software? I have one and have used it with PocketMirror for a good many years. Now I need to reinstall the software (new system) and I'm not sure if the original CD came with ...

  1. M515 and PocketMirror

    Did this device come with this software? I have one and have used it
    with PocketMirror for a good many years. Now I need to reinstall the
    software (new system) and I'm not sure if the original CD came with it
    or if I bought it. If it did come with it I'm hoping I can get
    another install CD with it on it.

    -Jim

  2. Re: M515 and PocketMirror

    "jtpryan" wrote in news:1170865320.587514.88420
    @j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

    > Did this device come with this software? I have one and have used it
    > with PocketMirror for a good many years. Now I need to reinstall the
    > software (new system) and I'm not sure if the original CD came with it
    > or if I bought it. If it did come with it I'm hoping I can get
    > another install CD with it on it.
    >
    > -Jim

    A quick search says it was on the original CD.
    http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/palm_m515_review

    Another quick search finds replacement CDs for four bucks.
    http://gizmos2go.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2087

  3. Re: M515 and PocketMirror

    On Feb 7, 5:29 pm, Mark Blain wrote:
    > "jtpryan" wrote in news:1170865320.587514.88420
    > @j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Did this device come with this software? I have one and have used it
    > > with PocketMirror for a good many years. Now I need to reinstall the
    > > software (new system) and I'm not sure if the original CD came with it
    > > or if I bought it. If it did come with it I'm hoping I can get
    > > another install CD with it on it.

    > > -Jim

    > A quick search says it was on the original CD.http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/palm_m515_review
    >
    > Another quick search finds replacement CDs for four bucks.http://gizmos2go.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2087

    Thank you. While your quick search was good, the gizmo site sucks.
    $3.88 for the CD. $12.00 to ship it! Right. I love sites like that,
    low-ball the price so shopping search sites pull it up first, then jam
    you on shipping. $12 for a CD. I wouldn't buy anything from them
    just for the principle of it.

    But I do appreciate the help.

    So, anybody out there have an original they could make me a copy of?
    I assume it's legal.

    -Jim

  4. Re: M515 and PocketMirror

    jtpryan wrote:
    > On Feb 7, 5:29 pm, Mark Blain wrote:
    >> "jtpryan" wrote in news:1170865320.587514.88420
    >> @j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >>> Did this device come with this software? I have one and have used
    >>> it with PocketMirror for a good many years. Now I need to
    >>> reinstall the software (new system) and I'm not sure if the
    >>> original CD came with it or if I bought it. If it did come with it
    >>> I'm hoping I can get another install CD with it on it.

    >>> -Jim

    >> A quick search says it was on the original
    >> CD.http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/palm_m515_review
    >>
    >> Another quick search finds replacement CDs for four
    >> bucks.http://gizmos2go.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2087

    > Thank you. While your quick search was good, the gizmo site sucks.
    > $3.88 for the CD. $12.00 to ship it! Right. I love sites like that,
    > low-ball the price so shopping search sites pull it up first, then jam
    > you on shipping. $12 for a CD. I wouldn't buy anything from them
    > just for the principle of it.
    >
    > But I do appreciate the help.
    >

    > So, anybody out there have an original they could make me a copy of?
    > I assume it's legal.
    >
    > -Jim

    If you like I can send you a zip file of the contents of the PocketMirror
    directory off my m515 CD. It's 4.2 Megabytes. Reply here if it's OK and tell
    me the e-mail address to which you want me to send it.

    --

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  5. Re: M515 and PocketMirror

    On Feb 8, 12:05 pm, "Harold Fuchs" wrote:
    > jtpryan wrote:
    > > On Feb 7, 5:29 pm, Mark Blain wrote:
    > >> "jtpryan" wrote in news:1170865320.587514.88420
    > >> @j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

    > >> A quick search says it was on the original
    > >> CD.http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/palm_m515_review

    > >> Another quick search finds replacement CDs for four
    > >> bucks.http://gizmos2go.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2087

    > > Thank you. While your quick search was good, the gizmo site sucks.
    > > $3.88 for the CD. $12.00 to ship it! Right. I love sites like that,
    > > low-ball the price so shopping search sites pull it up first, then jam
    > > you on shipping. $12 for a CD. I wouldn't buy anything from them
    > > just for the principle of it.

    > > But I do appreciate the help.

    > > So, anybody out there have an original they could make me a copy of?
    > > I assume it's legal.

    > > -Jim

    > If you like I can send you a zip file of the contents of the PocketMirror
    > directory off my m515 CD. It's 4.2 Megabytes. Reply here if it's OK and tell
    > me the e-mail address to which you want me to send it.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harold Fuchs
    > London, England

    Harold,

    Thank you very much. Best to send it to jtpryan at gmail dot com.

    I'll let you know how it works out.

    -Jim

  6. Re: M515 and PocketMirror

    "jtpryan" wrote (in part):

    > Thank you. While your quick search was good, the gizmo site sucks.
    > $3.88 for the CD. $12.00 to ship it!

    Sorry about that. I should have posted a URL for the search I used instead
    of one example result. I'm glad Harold was able to help you.

  7. Re: M515 and PocketMirror

    On Thu 08 Feb 2007 03:51:09p, Mark Blain , wrote:

    > "jtpryan" wrote (in part):
    >
    >> Thank you. While your quick search was good, the gizmo site sucks.
    >> $3.88 for the CD. $12.00 to ship it!

    > Sorry about that. I should have posted a URL for the search I used
    > instead of one example result. I'm glad Harold was able to help you.

    I'm not crazy about high shipping prices either -- but some of these
    places just ship by UPS for convenience -- and I think the minimum is
    fairly high. I just look at it this way -- if I needed Pocket Mirror
    (which I don't), the $16 is less than half the registration price for
    the full version.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  8. Re: M515 and PocketMirror

    jtpryan wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 12:05 pm, "Harold Fuchs" wrote:
    >> jtpryan wrote:

    >>> Thank you. While your quick search was good, the gizmo site sucks.
    >>> $3.88 for the CD. $12.00 to ship it! Right. I love sites like
    >>> that, low-ball the price so shopping search sites pull it up first,
    >>> then jam you on shipping. $12 for a CD. I wouldn't buy anything
    >>> from them just for the principle of it.

    >>> But I do appreciate the help.

    >>> So, anybody out there have an original they could make me a copy of?
    >>> I assume it's legal.

    >>> -Jim

    >> If you like I can send you a zip file of the contents of the
    >> PocketMirror directory off my m515 CD. It's 4.2 Megabytes. Reply
    >> here if it's OK and tell me the e-mail address to which you want me
    >> to send it.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Harold Fuchs
    >> London, England

    > Harold,
    >
    > Thank you very much. Best to send it to jtpryan at gmail dot com.
    >
    > I'll let you know how it works out.
    >
    > -Jim

    Jim,

    I sent you two e-mails. The first had a zip of the PocketMirrror software.
    It bounced with an "illegal attachment" message. The second explained about
    the first and asked what I should try next - did you have another e-mail
    address or ... Did you ever see that one?

    Regards, Harold

+ Reply to Thread