Palm - TX. Firmware update. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm - TX. Firmware update. - Palmtop ; Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for the TX? Just bought a new one and Grafitti is very slow. Versa mail was working well but now I just get blank screen after launching. I searched the net ...

  1. Palm - TX. Firmware update.

    Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for the TX? Just
    bought a new one and Grafitti is very slow. Versa mail was working
    well but now I just get blank screen after launching. I searched the
    net but can't find any answers. Maybe I should email Palm support.

  2. Re: Palm - TX. Firmware update.

    In article <1170800020.123947.54350@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    "Patrick Finnegan" wrote:

    > Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for the TX? Just
    > bought a new one and Grafitti is very slow. Versa mail was working
    > well but now I just get blank screen after launching. I searched the
    > net but can't find any answers. Maybe I should email Palm support.

    I don't know the answer to your specific question, but FWIW, I have (and
    love) a TX and I never use Graffiti anymore. Instead I use the QUONG
    keyboard layout, a modified version of the ATOMIK layout, along with the
    myKbd utility by Alex Pruss.

    <http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...software&prodi
    d=119441>

    It takes a little practice, but I can already enter text with this
    method faster than I can write on paper with a pen, and I'm not far from
    catching up to my typing speed. Well worth the effort, IMHO. myKbd is
    shareware, but the QUONG layout is free.

    Best,
    - Joe

  3. Re: Palm - TX. Firmware update.

    On 6 Feb, 23:04, Joe Strout wrote:
    > In article <1170800020.123947.54...@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    > "Patrick Finnegan" wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for the TX? Just
    > > bought a new one and Grafitti is very slow. Versa mail was working
    > > well but now I just get blank screen after launching. I searched the
    > > net but can't find any answers. Maybe I should email Palm support.

    > I don't know the answer to your specific question, but FWIW, I have (and
    > love) a TX and I never use Graffiti anymore. Instead I use the QUONG
    > keyboard layout, a modified version of the ATOMIK layout, along with the
    > myKbd utility by Alex Pruss.
    >

    > <http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...software&prodi
    > d=119441>
    >
    > It takes a little practice, but I can already enter text with this
    > method faster than I can write on paper with a pen, and I'm not far from
    > catching up to my typing speed. Well worth the effort, IMHO. myKbd is
    > shareware, but the QUONG layout is free.
    >
    > Best,
    > - Joe

    I upgraded from a Tungsten C and graffiti was definitely faster on
    that unit. I will try Quong.

    Thanks.

  4. Re: Palm - TX. Firmware update.

    It is slower by far than the Zodiac it replaced. I'm trying UDMH and
    uncache to see if better NVFS management helps.
    Patrick Finnegan wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for the TX? Just
    > bought a new one and Grafitti is very slow. Versa mail was working
    > well but now I just get blank screen after launching. I searched the
    > net but can't find any answers. Maybe I should email Palm support.

+ Reply to Thread